PDA

View Full Version : Just returned yesterday

Lynn J Mc
02-16-2010, 04:53 PM
We spent 7 nights at the Poly. Tues- Sun in the parks. Tues-Friday were manageable despite the cold and the rain. Sat and Sun the crowds were horrible. Nearly like Christmas. Will always check the cheerleader schedule before we return to DW. They were every where and they cheer all the time. In line, when Mickey shows up, for any reason, any where. Unreal. They needs ton more supervision! Overall - we had a great trip despite them and the weather. Friday night we were able to ride Space Mtn 3x, Buzz Lightyear, and see Wishes in an hour and a half. We ate dinner at Tusker House for the first time on Sunday night and it was good. Although the choices at the sit-down restaurants continues to go down hill.

faline
02-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Glad you were able to have a fun trip!

KylesMom
02-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Overall - we had a great trip I'm glad that your family enjoyed their Disney adventure, even though it sounds like you ran into a few snags. I had several folks that needed to fly into the Orlando area for a meeting late last week, and they wondered why last-minute air fares & car rentals were so high. I think a lot of folks were taking advantage of President's Day weekend - or "winter break", as our school district likes to call it - in Florida last weekend.

Thanks for posting! :mickey:

gwfx1031
02-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Was there same time and agree with your comments. It was more crowded than anticipated, but still manageable. There were too many unsupervised teens IMHO as well. I am all for some independence at that age, but many of them behaved so poorly. I was displeased with the cleanliness in many areas as well. There was a definate need for more trash receptacles in lines as many people thought they could just leave their trash any where they wanted.

vizsla
02-19-2010, 06:45 AM
Glad to hear you had a great time.

SBETigg
02-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Northeast winter breaks are always kicked off with President's Day, so I'm not surprised the crowds were huge. I've always heard that's a very crowded time to go. Though, it's the threat of cold that keeps me away during that time. I don't want to escape the Northeast winter cold in... cold. So sorry to hear it was cold and rainy for you. But I know that any time at Disney is still magical. So glad you had a great time!

mouseketeer mom
02-20-2010, 07:55 AM
I'm in agreement with above poster! We toyed with the idea of going in February over Presidents Day, but were too worried it would be cold. We choose April instead. Glad you had a good trip in spite of the cold and cheering! Thanks for the report!

princessgirls
02-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the report.

My husband and I went one time just for the day over President's weekend, and I remember it being out of control crowded.

Julie:mickey: