PDA

View Full Version : What stays and what goes?

elmjimmlm
02-16-2010, 12:44 PM
With all of the changes happening with Fantasyland, what happens with what is there now? I love Philharmagic and I hope it will not be taken away to make room for the new stuff... Do you know what stays and goes?:confused:

bruin1344
02-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Phillarmagic should be unaffected.

Most of fantasyland will be intact, its really only effects toontown and i believe the dumbo ride is being relocated

LudwigVonDrake
02-16-2010, 01:29 PM
I have also read that the facade for the Winnie the Pooh ride may be changing.

Strmchsr
02-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Phillarmagic should be unaffected.

Most of fantasyland will be intact, its really only effects toontown and i believe the dumbo ride is being relocated

That is correct. None of the current Fantasyland rides are scheduled to be impacted with the exception of the upgrade to Dumbo. ToonTown will be razed with the exception of the Barnstormer which is supposed to be rethemed, possibly to something circus-like to go with Dumbo's Circus.

Scar
02-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Click on this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=158121&highlight=overlay&page=14) and go to post #273. The link there shows a good overlay of what should be affected. Of course, everything is subject to change.

BluegrassDaisy
02-16-2010, 02:13 PM
What about Mickey & Minnie's houses? We always find time for a quick trip through them. I hope they are relocated somewhere in the park.

Scar
02-16-2010, 02:21 PM
What about Mickey & Minnie's houses? We always find time for a quick trip through them. I hope they are relocated somewhere in the park.Doubtful.

crltkcagle
02-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Doubtful.

WHAT!!! I heard the Mickey and minnies houses were staying! That really stinks! My kids love to visit their homes! :(

Ian
02-16-2010, 03:43 PM
From my understanding the Mickey and Minnie houses will be removed. The meet and greet area for M&M will (allegedly) be relocated to Expo Hall out in front of MK.

But listen ... this entire situation appears to be very fluid. There's already rumors of big budget cuts and scaled back requirements, so who knows what will ultimately happen.

I do recall at one point seeing something about Snow White's Scary Adventurers being replaced by a BatB dark ride, but I can't remember if that's still on the table. That's the only ride shutdown/replacement I can think of. Outside of Pooh's Playful Spot anyway, which I doubt many of us will miss much.

Joannelet
02-17-2010, 12:51 PM
I thought I read in the original plans that mickey and minnie's houses were also being relocated......

MaxPower
02-17-2010, 01:04 PM
It will be interesting to see how traffic patterns are affected - even though the attractions will remain open- there will be less room to maneuver when they are removing Dumbo for example.

elmjimmlm
02-17-2010, 02:52 PM
I think that I read that IASM is being relocated so what happens to Peter Pan? I know they can't get rid of it since it's so popular...i will just be glad if Philharmagic stays...

Ian
02-17-2010, 03:09 PM
I think that I read that IASM is being relocated so what happens to Peter Pan? I know they can't get rid of it since it's so popular...i will just be glad if Philharmagic stays...That's not true ... both IASW (which is what I assume you meant?) and Peter Pan are staying put.

In fact, that area of Fantasyland will remain basically untouched from what I understand. Except maybe some queue re-theming to better fit the new look.

Melanie
02-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Please join this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=158121&highlight=overlay) in the News forum for details and discussion of the Fantasyland refurbishment.