PDA

View Full Version : Figaro the Cat is back in the World! Final part

dlpmikki
02-16-2010, 06:59 AM
Wednesday 3rd February
My humans have breakfast at Olivia’s again. Today, they both enjoy the eggs and hash. They plan a quiet remainder of the day before their meal at Bistro de Paris and start on their packing. Naturally, we kitties stay well clear of the cases that are going to be checked in.
They set off to Epcot without me. This is a bit of a disappointment because they ride “Mission Space” and Mikki gets to be commander. The tip board said the line would be 20 minutes but there was hardly any (and the tip board had been brought up to date by the time they saw it again).

They also found a small line at Epcot Character Spot and went in. There was only a short wait but – as on their last visit when they were filling in their journal – they felt strongly hurried by the character minders.
They remember benches in the corridor at the end of the Character Spot (actually then remember a lot more, like historical and art exhibitions etc). Today, they take pictures of the wide empty space. They finally find one bench at the far end behind a pillar. Mikki takes Andrew’s picture sitting on it. Now if they’d taken me they could have had lots more fun pictures!

They then explore “Innoventions”, where they find lots of interesting things without lines. First, they go to “Sum of All Thrills” and design themselves a coaster. I didn’t mind being left behind for that. I’d have had to go in the st***ge locker anyway! Next, they test out a set of games designed to help kids save. They got on reasonably well once they realised the pig they were supposed to be carrying was a real object and they got it our of the real drawer underneath the instruction screen. Andrew could even take part in two of the games. The other involved a display that either was too far away for him to see or involved colours he couldn’t distinguish, but he still had fun. The humans thought the games should have some educational benefit too. Finally, they found no line for the Segway demonstration so rode up and down the carpet on one.

With a little time still left, they take a boat to Germany and walk round World Showcase exploring shops and exhibits. They get to Bistro de Paris about 10 minutes before their reservation time.

They come home full of praise for the meal. The atmosphere is refined, the service superb, the food first class in taste and presentation. Even the wine prices – though still having the extra mark-up expected in a restaurant of this sort – have come down from the stratospheric levels they remembered. They have pictures to remember this event and are already planning to go again in October.

Thursday 4th February
After finishing packing the Humans fill the car, give their purple “owner’s locker” box to bell services and head back to Epcot. I go in the car – but have to stay there. The silly humans have already packed my “kitty carriage” and have forgotten where it is.

The ride “Spaceship Earth” and then Mikki has an idea. At Guest Services, she asks about some buttons she thinks she has seen. Sure enough, the humans spend the rest of the day (until they take them off for airport security) wearing buttons saying “Happily Ever After”. Aren’t they cute!

Leaving the park, they see Daisy Duck and Stitch in the entrance area without lines and can’t resist more pictures.

Journey Home – Thursday 4th Feb on.
We drive to Orlando International Airport. On the way, Mikki tops up with petrol (gas). She usually prefers the piece of mind of paying for the tank full when collecting a hire car. But when she checks the papers, she realises this is one of several mistakes the Alamo clerk made when we collected the car. The bigger one was something silly with our credit card. She claimed it was refused but the Bank said there was no record of the attempted transaction at all. The result had been that Mikki had to give a cash deposit and so, today, has to stand in a long line at the Alamo desk to get it back. Good think we like to be early at airports.

The humans eat at Panda Express in the airport food court and go through security (a longer line than they are used to but not as bad as some people report). Out at the gate area, there are repeated (very loud and intrusive) wailings from security alarms but fortunately no further action is required and the plane leaves on time. With strong tail winds, we have a flight of only 7½ hours. We are quickly through customs and get trains home. As we pass through St Pancras station, Andrew notices they are calling the direct train to Disneyland Paris. Not today, I think.

I conclude this trip report two days later. Mikki has already booked her flights for another nice long trip later in the year and is just now fixing up the accommodation with DVC. Also, we have just had two lovely Jim Shore sculptures delivered from our English friends at Castle China. A ‘phone call from Florida reminded us that not everything costs less in dollars.

All for now from Figaro the cat.

mouseketeer mom
02-16-2010, 07:15 AM
How lovely that the next trip is already booked. Bistro de Paris sounds like it was a hit, glad it was all you were hoping it would be. I enjoyed your report. Thank you!

VWL Mom
02-16-2010, 07:40 AM
I so enjoyed reading your trip reports! Looking forward to some "Where's Figaro?" when your humans post it. :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
02-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Thank you for all of your reports, Figaro. I enjoyed reading about you and your humans! :mickey:

SBETigg
02-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Great reports, thanks! Loved hearing about the Bistro dinner. And all the fun photo ops.

DizNee143
02-16-2010, 11:05 AM
well figaro..sounds like you and your humans had yet another good vacation!
thank you so much for sharing it with us..cant wait until your october adventure and read all about that! :mickey:

offwego
02-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Thank you so much for the report! I really enjoyed them (as always):thumbsup:

faline
02-16-2010, 06:16 PM
After such a busy vacation, it must be sort of nice to be settled in at home once again .... at least until it's time to leave on your next adventure!

Figaro, you always do a most excellent job on your trip reports! Your humans must be very proud of you!

vizsla
02-17-2010, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
02-17-2010, 04:03 PM
As always, most excellent trip reports, Figaro. You and your humans know how to do a trip to Orlando right!

Until next time . . . thanks for sharing! :cat: