PDA

View Full Version : Crowds for mid May?

FriendsofMickey
02-15-2010, 03:28 PM
So, my dh has to be in Orlando for training in mid May. We are going to make the best of it, by staying at Disney and visiting the parks. :party::mickey:

We are not telling the girls :secret:

We are used to September, November, and December, so with that in mind...Can anyone give me an idea of how crowded the parks are in May?

Strmchsr
02-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm interested to see as well. I've heard in previous years that early and mid May were good times to go with low crowds and nice weather. However, last year it was hot (mid 90s) and high crowds. Hopefully both were an anomaly. That's really the problem this year. We can have 50 people come on here and tell you how wonderful May is from previous years, but with crowd patterns shifting it's almost impossible to guess what it'll be like this year.

forever a child
02-15-2010, 04:48 PM
I wanna know too! :woohoo:

faline
02-15-2010, 06:22 PM
All of our past mid-May experiences have been very positive - we'll be giving it another try this year and are hoping for another good experience!

May is generally quite dry - in fact, on more than one occasion, there have been large fires in Florida during the month of May.

Folks keep talking about May as having lower humidity though, in my experience, I don't notice a significant difference in heat and humidity in May than in June or September, for that matter.

We've generally experienced low to moderate crowds and have certainly loved attending the Flower and Garden festival - it will feel strange that it ends so early this year!

Strmchsr
02-15-2010, 07:01 PM
All of our past mid-May experiences have been very positive - we'll be giving it another try this year and are hoping for another good experience!

Linda, when is your trip this year? We'll be down there May 3-10. Love to meet up with you if we're there at the same time!

Wishmaker
02-15-2010, 07:25 PM
My family has been the week of Mothers Day's every year since 2005. It has always been fabulous. Last year was a little bit busier than past years but this is still my favorite time to go.

We have been April, May, August, September, and October. My vote will always be for mid May. As previous posts have said though you can never be sure.

happy Vacationing :mickey:

SurferStitch
02-16-2010, 11:40 AM
We are doing a short trip in May this year, 3-7. We went the first week of May in 2008, and had absolutely gorgeous weather and relatively low crowds. Humidity was definitely low, temps in the low 80's, and sun, sun, sun!

If I didn't want to get back in October, I would have made this a longer trip, but I miss the F&WF, so I have to go back!

Here's hoping this first week of May is like it was 2 years ago!!:fingers:

FriendsofMickey
02-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the info. I know it always can be different than the last time, but knowing that it is not usually packed makes me :D.

This is an "extra" trip, since we still plan on our yearly vacation in November. My girls are not going to know what to do with themselves!

bruin1344
02-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Great time to go. Stayed Mid May in 2005. The crowds were nonexistent early in the week but picked up little bit by the weekend and as it got closer to Memorial Day. Some of the major attractions had more than half hour waits but I usually caught it at the right time so i never waited more than 15 minutes.

faline
02-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Linda, when is your trip this year? We'll be down there May 3-10. Love to meet up with you if we're there at the same time!

Sent you a PM last night. Looks like our paths will not cross on this trip.