PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day Disneyland

Disney4us2
02-15-2010, 01:21 PM
I love the idea of spending Valentines Day at Disneyland.... so did a lot of others:mickey:

The morning was not too bad but it did get busy. In spite of the moderate crowd, we had a great time and DD got to ride on all the attractions she wanted to. One of her faves at the moment is Autopia. Had 2 sets of fastpasses. I went down with her via the elevator, but didn't ride because of my back.

The longest wait we had was for the Enchanted Tiki Room. I needed to wait for the elevator. While we were there waiting... I got in line for a Dole whip for me and DD:thumbsup: Maynard was working there yesterday and got a few good laughs. He did a very funny intro for the no smoking and no flash photography.

My DD enjoyed doing some pin trading and was looking for Bambi pins. Didn't find any but she got a few Chip & Dale's and a Simba.

DCA was not much better in the crowd dept. We skipped TSM, the line was only 45 min, but DD didn't want to wait. She rode Mulholland Maddness a couple of times, single rider. Took her to Redwood Creek to run off some energy. Saw Koda and Kenai. They had fun with her as she brings her bear(hand puppet) and was wearing her Chip hat. Those characters love to play with the toys.

I sat up near the front and a nice couple from Canada came to join me on the bench. We were heading back to DLP so I gave them our fastpasses for Soarin over CA.

After a few more attractions, it was time for dinner and then on to Haunted Mansion and the last of Autopia.

The real fun came trying to get out of the park before the fireworks. Main Street was sooo packed, actually more around the castle.

A quick tour through World of Disney and then on to the trams. So ends another wonderful day at the Disneyland Resort.

MegaDisney
02-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for posting this!

Sounds like you had a nice day at the resort!

Did you see any of the new Valentines Day decorations?

Disney4us2
02-15-2010, 03:04 PM
The only Valentines Day decorations I saw was at the front of the park across from the train station. They had wooden hearts in the planter/benches. Otherwise there was nothing.

I wonder if they will do any decorations for Easter.

MegaDisney
02-15-2010, 03:09 PM
I know that this was the first year they did Valentines decor, they are apparently gonna really play up the holiday in the future.

I don't recall them doing Easter decor.

robnadina
02-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Sounds like a great day. I have never been on Valentines day. We were there on Friday and OMG it was more crowded than when we went on 4th of July! I didnt realize Friday was not a Black out date for any of the passes, and with the weather being good the people came out.
Now I am off to WDW!

NotaGeek
02-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Thanks for reporting back ... :mickey: