PDA

View Full Version : ADRs for surprise trip -- done!

TikiGoddess
02-15-2010, 08:55 AM
I just got the go-ahead from my husband to plan a trip this summer. We're going at the end of June, just after school is done in our area -- and we're hoping to keep it a secret from our girls (7 and 5) until then!

I usually book ADRs 180 days in advance (obsessive planner) but I booked them at about 130 days this time around. I was happily pleased to get all of them at the time we wanted!

Saturday: all parks, no ADRs
Sunday: Crystal Palace 8:05am (before the park opens) -- this is a family tradition!
Monday: Akershus 12:00pm (for my 5 yr old princess)
Tuesday: all parks, no ADRs
Wednesday: departure day - Chef Mickeys at 7:30am

Not a long trip, but it fits in the budget and gives us some of our favorites! We haven't been to Akershus so that will be new.

Just had to tell someone! Now I have to keep it to myself here at home...

Kathy

Kairi_7378
02-15-2010, 09:06 AM
That's fantastic! You must be thrilled! I'm glad you were able to get everything that you wanted. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans and how the surprise works out.

KAT1811
02-15-2010, 11:05 AM
How fun!!! We did a surprise trip for our children the year before last and the look on their faces when they figured out we were on our way to the airport was amazing!!!

We did Akershus for the first time on our last trip. The princesses were wonderful, (especially with 3 DDs and an 8 month old DS at the time). They spent some time at our table and we didn't feel rushed as we often do at CRT. They even played with DS who was very taken by all the glitz and glam! The food was not that good (especially in comparison to CP, our favorite breakfast in WDW). The best part of the dining experience was that we went early, beofre park opening and got to walk around Epcot with, what seemed like, the whole park to ourselves.

Enjoy!!! Have a fabulous trip!!!!!!!

Brooklynos
02-17-2010, 06:23 PM
I am keeping the secret with you too!!! We leave in 23 days with myself, DH, little brother (12), and little sister (15). They have no idea we are taking them to Disney World and it's killing me not to tell them, but the reward will be so amazing.

Congrats on getting all the ADR's you wanted, that's always awesome!!!! And if you need to share your excitement, you can always share here!!!!

mouseketeer mom
02-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Sounds great, Kathy! Isn't keeping the secret difficult? I've never, ever been able to pull it off.

TikiGoddess
02-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Lisa,

I know that my DD7 has heard us talking about the trip but I've done my best to say "well, we were thinking about going but it doesn't look like we can..."

Now that I have ADRs, hotel, dates, visit to in-laws all set, I THINK I can keep it quiet. Everytime I want to say something I think of the look on their faces the morning we will leave for Florida...

Now I have to decide how to tell them... :thedolls:

Kathy

mouseketeer mom
02-20-2010, 08:03 AM
Lisa,

I know that my DD7 has heard us talking about the trip but I've done my best to say "well, we were thinking about going but it doesn't look like we can..."

Now that I have ADRs, hotel, dates, visit to in-laws all set, I THINK I can keep it quiet. Everytime I want to say something I think of the look on their faces the morning we will leave for Florida...

Now I have to decide how to tell them... :thedolls:

Kathy

Ooooo! Do you have any ideas of how you are going to tell them? You should try to get it on video! I bet it will be priceless. I'm excited for your surprise. My kids know we are going in April, but they don't know we are leaving on Easter morning. They actually asked for a "surprise"...I still don't see how its going to be much of a surprise, I have so much preparing to do ahead of time and luggage will be out for heavens sakes! I'm making sure there are Disney Gift cards in their baskets,and we will leave right after they find and open them! I can't wait to hear how your surprise went!!

TikiGoddess
02-20-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm thinking of doing a powerpoint and showing it to them on the tv. That way they're sitting still and I can stand behind the tv and video them.

My other idea was having a big box in the living room filled with things we need for our trip (sand buckets, mickey ears, etc) with a note at the bottom saying "we fly to Florida today!"

Either way, I will definitely be videoing and posting! :)

Kathy