PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for celebrating a child's birthday in Disney

magicjasb
02-15-2010, 08:40 AM
We have been to Disney many times, but have never celebrated a birthday in Disney. This year, my children think we are going on 8/4 with our in-laws, what they don't know is that the in-laws are still going on 8/4, but we are going on 7/31 so that we are there on 8/1, which is my DD birthday! She will be 10 that day. I made an ADR for the Crystal Palace for breakfast and one at San Angel for dinner. Usually we don't do two in one day, but they are both her favorites. I thought I read somewhere that they will put something on the table. I wanted to order more than the six inch cake. Has anyone had their room decorated, or had gifts sent to the room? Any ideas would be appreciated.:mickey:

Strmchsr
02-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp) for lots of tips in Info Central on celebrating birthdays.

Be sure to note it's her birthday on your ADRs and reservation. Usually they'll bring a little cupcake out at your meal and wish her happy birthday. Sometimes they put a happy birthday card in the room (but not always).

magicjasb
02-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Thank you.

faline
02-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Be sure to get a birthday button. This often brings multiple good wishes from a variety of cast members (and sometimes visitors as well). Occasionally, they will also decorate a table when there's a special celebration.

You can work with Walt Disney Florist to have something special delivered.

For something really special, you might consider a fireworks cruise though this is rather pricey and also books up quickly.