PDA

View Full Version : ?? about transportation to offsite parks

bkfree
02-14-2010, 08:47 PM
What are my options or your own experience in traveling to Sea World and Universal if you do not drive to WDW.

This will be our 4th trip in Sept. and would like to take the kids to Sea World and Universal this time. We will be staying onsite at WDW and will be flying down.

Thanks!

faline
02-14-2010, 08:50 PM
There is a public bus that stops at Disney World and runs to Sea World. Personally, I'd probably rent a car for a couple of days if I wanted to go to these locations. There are rental sites at the Car Care Cener and the Dolphin. Other options would be a taxi or a town car service.

wdwnutz
02-14-2010, 09:25 PM
We rented a car for one day to go over to Sea World a few years ago. For one day it wasn't worth the hassle. But for a few days it might be worth your while if you can find a good deal. Otherwise try a taxi. You can also use Mears, but then you are locked into a pick up time at your WDW resort and at the end of the day from Sea World and Universal.

eeyorepoohfan
02-15-2010, 07:31 PM
My sister, brother-in-law and nearly 5 year old niece went to Sea World for one day. They were going to use MEARS but opted for a taxi instead, it was just easier.

bkfree
02-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Any idea what a taxi from WDW to Sea World would run???

JPL
02-15-2010, 10:54 PM
I used the Lynks Bus from the Ticket and Transportation Center to get to Sea World on one trip it wasn't too bad and very cheap on the way back I stopped near DTD and took as bus back to my reosrt from there. I know Mears is a good option and cheaper than a Taxi or Town Car. A Cab will most likely run you around $60-$80 round trip based on my Taxi rides from WDW to a hotel near the Convention Center from WDW a few years ago of course it really depend on where you are staying on property that also makes a difference.