PDA

View Full Version : June, July or August?

EmmMOM2
02-14-2010, 04:26 PM
We have usually always gone at the VERY end of August into Sept and found the crowds to be manageable and don't mind the heat much.

However, this coming year I am in college and start back in August....

So What month would be better crowd wise?

June, July (Never been in either) or August from like the 15th to the 25th....???

Any help is great.
My DH and I will be traveling with a 6 year old and 3 year old...

faline
02-14-2010, 04:29 PM
I'd go as early into the month of June as possible.

EmmMOM2
02-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Earliest I could go in June would likely be the 20th..

Just FYI for any future posters.

ibrowse17
02-14-2010, 05:07 PM
I agree, the earlier the better. While June is hot, it is better than the heat and humidity of the later summer months. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

faline
02-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Earliest I could go in June would likely be the 20th.

Crowds would already have increased to summer strength by then. Given that, I'd probably go with your August dates. Some schools are back in session already by mid-to late August. You'll still find the crowds higher than you're used to at the very end of August/early September.

SBETigg
02-14-2010, 06:48 PM
June, July, and August are all comparably hot and humid, I think. June might be slightly better weather-wise, but crowds are high in late June and July. The August crowds, especially mid-late August, are very manageable. But with summer heat and little ones, you want to take it easy in the prime part of the day and stay hydrated.

olivegirl
02-14-2010, 06:52 PM
We have been going down usually the last weeks of August. This year we will arrive Aug 2nd...my birthday :party: The crowds do see a bit lighter. Yes the heat and humidity is there in full force BUT as long as we go down with that in mind and plan our days accordingly we ALWAYS have a GREAT time!! Also the rainstorms are much more frequent BUT they do not last long. Again just prepare and plan for them and all will be fine!!:thumbsup:

Morpheous
02-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Well, we have gone in Late July, and then last year in early/mid august (the 11th-19th), and we are going at the same time this year as well. The heat was about the same maybe a little less, but there was a difference in the crowd level. The heat isn't really an issue for me though since I lived in Arizona for 12 years (140 degree summers!).

I noticed last year when we went we were kind of on the edge of the peak Summer schedule less crowds but still the long summer hours. The best time I've ever gone was in May very comfortable weather very very light crowds shorter hours though.

In my opinion if you cant make it early in the summer before things pick up too much, your best bet is mid August. :)

forever a child
02-15-2010, 04:07 PM
One of our trips was in June. I don't remember the heat being an issue, although I tend to like it hotter than most people. I just remember the mid day rain showers.:rain: Never liked them much! Seemed to run in the middle of the day and ruin our plans, so I am opting out of June for future trips and trying a different month.:sun::flower:

Morpheous
02-15-2010, 08:51 PM
One of our trips was in June. I don't remember the heat being an issue, although I tend to like it hotter than most people. I just remember the mid day rain showers.:rain: Never liked them much! Seemed to run in the middle of the day and ruin our plans, so I am opting out of June for future trips and trying a different month.:sun::flower:

Yeah, our trips in July and August had the same issue. Lots of afternoon evening showers. Pretty much every day of our trip, last year we went to Narcoosses at about 8pm to watch Wishes as we ate. We were concerned there wasn't going to be any fireworks, because not more than 5 minutes after beating seated it began a massive downpour.

Fortunately the afternoon storms seem to move very quickly and don't last too long. Definitely can be a downer though if you don't like rain. (I love rain though!)

TikiGoddess
02-15-2010, 09:51 PM
We went mid-August last year. It was H.O.T. and humid, almost unbearable the first 3 days. Then the daily thunderstorms commenced and helped to break the heat a little.

This year we're trying late June, mainly because of family schedules, but also because we're hoping the weather might be a tad more comfortable -- I'm sure it will be just as hot but perhaps a little less humid? My DH lived in Orlando for 3 years, so I'm taking his word for it that there's a difference between June and August.

As for crowds, we always go in the summer, so we're used to peak season. Strategies, touring plans, and a flexible attitude. All set.

Kathy

mouseketeer mom
02-16-2010, 06:26 AM
We have gone in August the past few years, and will return again this August. The heat is massive. Early starts, plenty of breaks save the day. Its all manageable. Just know the later in August you go, the greater the chance of hurricane weather as well.

magicjasb
02-16-2010, 09:08 AM
We have been in June and August. With planning, the crowds didn't seem overly different, though a little more crowded near the end of June than the end of August. The difference we saw, and it could have just been the year, but June got more rain. It rained every afternoon in June, as it did in August, but the rain in August let up quickly and never affected our plans. When we went in June, it rained for hours every afternoon. One day the rides were all shut down at MK for about 3 hours. Another day we went back to POR to go swimming and ended up in the room for about 2 1/2 hours because the storm was so intense over head. I know it could have just been the week, but we are going back in August this summer.

#1donaldfan
02-16-2010, 12:41 PM
...we've been during all those mentioned and truly, have seen little difference in the crowd level.....REALLY !! Just know that all three are hot, and it will be busy.....there is no rhyme or reason for that time of the season....we'll be there in June....can't wait....!!:thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
02-16-2010, 12:49 PM
We have been there all 3 mths. and I like august the best... It is hot but the crowds do seem to not be as bad as the previous mths...You can also get better discounts too...:mickey: