PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service Breakfasts in the parks?

azcavalier
02-14-2010, 01:06 PM
I know that this has been asked before, but I'd still appreciate opinions.

My DW and I are going for a week in May (15th Anniversary! Woo hoo!) and will be getting the DDP. The way our ADRs are working out, we'll have one QS to use for breakfast, but we're staying at Old Key West, which as far as we know doesn't have a food court or anything. So, we're thinking that we'll just use it to grab breakfast in the parks. But which QS restaurants have breakfasts, and are they any good?

We've been to the menus page here on Intercot, but it doesn't list things like the Main Street Bakery or Starring Rolls. And some things, like Sunshine Seasons, it says opens at 11am, but on the DDP restaurants page, it says it's open for Breakfast.

So, to make a long post short (or longer, I guess), where can we get a good QS breakfast in the parks??

DizneyRox
02-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Some info in this thread:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=2013840&postcount=22

Pirate Granny
02-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Although we've always eaten at the hotel for breakfast either in the food courts or in the room...I check out a couple of options for you:
Animal Kingdom
Tamu Tamu Refreshments
Pitzzafari
Holiday Studios
ABC Commissary
Fairfax Fre
Staring Rolls
EPCOT
Sunshire Seasons
Magic Kingdom
Main Street Bakery

Other option...if in the MK area you can go to any of the food courts. We LOVE to get Breakfast at WL food court (Roaring Forks) and eat outside ...and do this also at Poly and GF. Now, we've eaten at the Contemporary Food Court recently...but not at breakfast so I don't know their menus.
Hope this helps...
:pirate:

KAT1811
02-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Old Key West does have a counter service "place" to get food. It is located outside towards the pool area. They have a croissant breakfast sandwhich, breakfast platter, pastries, etc.

phillydan
02-14-2010, 09:48 PM
We have never been disappointed with:

MK - Main Street Bakery
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons
DHS - Starring Roles

Never tried for QS breakfast at AK.

Agree with the other poster about trying the resorts - Cap'n Cooks at the Poly or Gasparilla at the Grand Floridian. The QS meals are usually quite large and very good.

azcavalier
02-15-2010, 10:40 AM
We've talked about just hitting up one of the resort food courts on the way to the parks. OKW is pretty close to the Port Orleans resorts, and we like the food court at POR.

I didn't realize that the Deluxe resorts even had food courts. Boardwalk doesn't (only deluxe we've stayed at), and we thought that was just the way the deluxe resorts were. So, you're telling me that the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and the Grand Floridian all have food courts where a QS meal can be used?

TheDuckRocks
02-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Yes, there are a lot of counter service breakfast locations out there. I have just sent you a Private Message that might help you.

Hammer
02-15-2010, 11:46 AM
We've talked about just hitting up one of the resort food courts on the way to the parks. OKW is pretty close to the Port Orleans resorts, and we like the food court at POR.

I didn't realize that the Deluxe resorts even had food courts. Boardwalk doesn't (only deluxe we've stayed at), and we thought that was just the way the deluxe resorts were. So, you're telling me that the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and the Grand Floridian all have food courts where a QS meal can be used?

No, the deluxe resorts do not have food courts, but quick service locations which provide a few choices which qualify for CS credits. For Boardwalk, you would go to the Boardwalk Bakery; YC/BC, it is Beach Club marketplace; Contemporary it is the Contempo Cafe; Poly has Captian Cook's; GF has Gasparilla Grill, AKL has Mara and WL has Roaring Fork.

azcavalier
02-15-2010, 01:37 PM
No, the deluxe resorts do not have food courts, but quick service locations which provide a few choices which qualify for CS credits. For Boardwalk, you would go to the Boardwalk Bakery; YC/BC, it is Beach Club marketplace; Contemporary it is the Contempo Cafe; Poly has Captian Cook's; GF has Gasparilla Grill, AKL has Mara and WL has Roaring Fork.

I knew that some of them had QS dining, but the poster was talking about food courts. Threw me off my game a bit.

PETE FROM NYC
02-15-2010, 04:26 PM
When we went last September,we could not find any real breakfast CS in the parks.
Yes, there are a few places that serve pastries and stuff, but IMHO, that ain't breafast. If we did not eat at Pop food court, then we were having a character breakfast in one of the parks.