PDA

View Full Version : Holiday rate increase?

lindkaye
02-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Hi there;
We are trying to figure out exactly when to go and have a question hopefully you guys can help with. We are wanting to go in late August or September due to dh work schedule. We (me,dh and youngest dd) are staying for 15 days - but the older 2 kids are only staying approx 1 week due to their work & college. They will be with us at the start of the vacation. . Labor Day falls on Sept 6th this year and our older daughter would like us to leave on the Friday prior - September 3rd. This gives the older two 9 days. Does Disney charge more for this Holiday on rooms? I realize the weekend rate is higher but not sure about that Monday. Also - how much more crowded will it be? Our other option is to fly on Labor Day (6th) but then the older kids would only be there for 6 days. We live in Seattle so takes a whole day about to get to WDW. I love planning but got stuck on this one. Thanks for your thoughts and sorry this was so long! :blush:

Strmchsr
02-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Disney has "seasons" (value, regular, holiday, etc). August/September (including Labor Day) falls under "value" season so, no, there isn't a surcharge for that weekend.

As for crowds, Labor Day weekend itself is pretty crowded as a lot of locals come out, but the week before and after are probably about as uncrowded as it get at WDW anymore (except for the restaurants, which have been jam packed due to the "free" dining offer the last few years).