PDA

View Full Version : DW6-The "We know the weather's comming" trip Day 2

SandmanGStefani24
02-13-2010, 11:11 PM
We got to bed early, and woke up around 8 for our day at MK. We got dressed, and drove there after filling up with our free refill mugs. We could feel the eyes on us as we drove and parked our Camaro. Luckily the crowds were light, and rather than take the tram to the monorail we were able to walk right up to them. We walked into the parks to light crowds and made our way right over to Space Mountain to get a fastpass. We saw that the wait was only 20 minutes, so we opted to just wait. Much to our happiness the wait ended up only being about 10 minutes. After picking up a fastpass for a 2nd ride, the Mrs wanted to ride COP. On the way, we spotted Buzz Lightyear stamping autographs and taking pictures. The Mrs and Buzz struck a "battle pose" and made for a great pic. :D While we were taking the photos I felt the first drops of rain begin to fall. Most of the people around us started to wander for cover, but we knew it was comming, and were prepared with an umbrella and an extra layer of clothing. We decided to step onto the TTA before our next ride to see what the weather was going to do. After the carousel of progress we walked over to Buzz. There were even less people now, and after a less than stellar round of shooting (40700 points, lol) we wandered to the Haunted Mansion. Once again, we pretty much walked onto the ride. (this rain thing might be a good thing!) It was still raining when we got off, so we went to go eat at Casey's Corner and sat on the mini bleachers in front of the classic cartoons movie screen. (which im ashamed to admit i didnt even know were there! what a great place to sit and eat!!) POTC was less than a 5 minute wait, and we got the back row on the boat, which i love for some reason. Jungle cruise and the teacups were also walk-ups and Space Mountain continued to be longest wait, at 10 minutes. The rain continued to fall, but began to fall even harder now. Also, the crowds have now began to return as people who were waiting the rain out have given up and are now toughing it out. The mist was now steady water, and dispite this we made it over to Thunder Mountain and rode with no wait. Talk about exhilarating!! Although a stray drop of water at pretty good speed to the face isnt great, it was still the most fun ive had on BTM! After this ride, however the rain has begun to take a toll and I have to go buy a long sleeve shirt to replace one of my shirts. My hat is now dripping from the brim, and i realize it is saturated. My jeans are now starting to soak water almost up to my knees, and my right sock feels wet. We decided to ride space mountain one more time, and skip the tomorrowland speedway in lieu of the WDW railroad back to main street and call it a day. We did everything we wanted and stayed relatively dry most of the day. Unfortunately the Mrs slipped and tried to slide her way from the railroad station to the parking lot. She got up uninjured (aside from a bruised ego) and we made it back to POP for a hot shower and dry clothes. After a meal at Pizzaria Uno Chicago Bar/Grill on Irlo Bronson (by the way an AWESOME meal and great ambience!) we had a drink at Petals bar as the cold front blew in. The rain had dried up and now the temperatures were falling into the high 30s. Again, we knew it was comming...and we're ready for it....we think...

divinedi
02-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Sounds like you're having a good time despite the weather, hope the rest of the trip is fun!!

Checkers
02-14-2010, 02:42 PM
:mickey:Thanks for sharing and keep the TRs coming!

faline
02-14-2010, 05:19 PM
I'll bet that hot shower felt good after such a wet park day! Brrr!!!! Florida is certainly getting its share of cold weather this year!

mouseketeer mom
02-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Well, you managed to tackle the MK in spite of the rain!

pdrlkr
02-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-17-2010, 04:51 PM
A good day in spite of the rain

princessgirls
02-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Wow...30's that's a cold front for Florida!!

A nice day until that blew in.

Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

SBETigg
02-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Disney pros at work. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
02-18-2010, 05:14 PM
We could feel the eyes on us as we drove and parked our Camaro. Showoff! :D

At least you were able to catch the best of the MK attractions today. You didn't mention - what do you think of the refurbed Space Mountain?

Yeah, we've been on BTMRR with the rain pelting us in the face - some of the most fun we've ever had on that attraction! :thumbsup: However, I can't say I'd be looking forward to those 30's rolling in.

Ready for your next installment! :mickey: