PDA

View Full Version : Our trip in a nutshell!

A&M'sMommy
02-13-2010, 09:34 PM
First off, I can't believe we're back already!! We spent eight days and seven nights at the AKL.

We arrived on Friday, the 5th. We checked in to good news and bad. We arrived at about 11:30. Pool was still closed, finally opened on Friday the 12th, of course the day we left. Good news was our room was ready. We headed up and were impressed with the room...until we opened the sliders. We had a pool view bunk room. My husband, who was celebrating his 40th B-day, opened the sliders and basically said, "oh no." All we could hear was the compressors and noise from the pool work. Called down to the front desk and they moved us to another bunk room with a savannah view! Our kids were super excited, so that worked out well.

We had a great trip overall. The weather was a little cooler than my husband would have liked, but oh well. We were at AK on Wednesday night and it was downright cold! It was nice during the days though, except the ones with the rain. We overcame the weather and all had fun. My husband wore his birthday button on Sunday the 7th and got a lot of Happy Birthdays so that was really nice.

Had some great meals, Le Cellier, Whispering Canyon, Hollywood & Vine, to name a few. Kids got to do all they wanted, rides, BBB, etc.

Already thinking about our next trip back....!!!

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
02-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Sounds like a great time. What is Disney doing now for those who have birthdays while visiting the parks? Anything special?

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-13-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm glad you got the room sorted out quickly!

Sounds like you had a great trip :number1:

fuzzythecat
02-13-2010, 10:49 PM
great trip , did you happen to notice the bounceback offer

vizsla
02-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
02-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Is you husband's birthday on the 7th? That's my husband's birthday as well!

Nice trip! Sounds like you got a nice room once you got relocated!

mouseketeer mom
02-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Glad you got your room changed. Sounds like a wonderful trip!

pdrlkr
02-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon:

A&M'sMommy
02-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Sounds like a great time. What is Disney doing now for those who have birthdays while visiting the parks? Anything special?

Nothing special that I could tell other than the pins that people were wearing which got tons of Happy Birthdays from cast members!

great trip , did you happen to notice the bounceback offer

I looked at it briefly and I think it was 45% on deluxe. I only looked at that because next trip we're staying at Wilderness Lodge and of course it was for this calendar year. My husband was all ready to book until I told him it had to be this year. We're planning to go back in November of '11

Is you husband's birthday on the 7th? That's my husband's birthday as well!

Nice trip! Sounds like you got a nice room once you got relocated!

His birthday is the 7th! Happy B-day to your hubby!

It was an awesome room! My kids loved it :)

KylesMom
02-17-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm really glad that they were able to quickly change your room - to a savannah view, no less! A nice birthday treat for DH and the kids, too!

Now that's something you don't hear every day - Animal Kingdom being cold. They need to bottle the cold blast & release it in the late afternoons in July . . . :D

LeCellier & Whispering Canyon are among our favorites - nice to know you enjoyed them, too. Time to plan the next trip! Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-17-2010, 04:46 PM
sounds great

olivegirl
02-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the report, glad you had a great time.:thumbsup: