PDA

View Full Version : When to book?

gollybass
02-13-2010, 04:32 PM
We are planning on visiting the resort for 8 nights in September and were wondering when the best time is to book for discounts etc. At the moment I don't see much of anything for that time frame, and were quoted $1,300 for the music resort (on the Disney web site). Would it behoove me to wait until around June to book?

Another question, as it is Hurricane season, has disney ever needed to close for Hurricanes? Should I be worried about this?

thank you in advance!

faline
02-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

I'd suggest booking now. If you use Magical Journeys, (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) they'll watch your reservation and, if any discounts are announced, they'll apply them for you.

While September is in hurricane season, it's highly unlikely that your trip will be impacted by such a storm. I've been many times during the hurricane season and only once did we change our plans (we left one day early) due to a hurricane. If you book a package, you can add on trip insurance that will help protect your trip against weather issues.

There are times, but very few, when Disney World has shut down due to a hurricane. Typically the closure has only lasted a day. Resort guests, for the most part, rode the storm out in their rooms.

Strmchsr
02-13-2010, 06:19 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

:ditto: on Magical Journeys. They cost you nothing to use, you can book now, and they will hook you up with no hassle on your part when/if any discounts are released. Since only a set amount of rooms are set aside for any discount having MJ is really nice. They usually have my ressie switched before I even know the discount is out.

As for hurricanes - keep in mind that Disney World has only been closed 6 total days in the entire almost 40 years of the park being open. So, the chance of a hurricane shutting you down is slim. You might have a day with really heavy rain, June-September you get pretty much a thunderstorm every afternoon anyway.

CleveRocks
02-13-2010, 11:13 PM
If you will definitely go whether there is a good discount or not, then you risk NOTHING by booking now. As a matter of fact, booking now will guarantee you a room ... if you wait, you could run the risk of your first choice resort/room category being unavailable for your dates.

If a good deal comes out, you can simply call Disney and book that deal ... no muss, no fuss.

gollybass
02-14-2010, 07:25 PM
thanks for the info guys! Contacted magical journeys, now just to decide whether to go with insurance or not! Seeming as we are driving from Arizona, I must just go with it, but still unsure!

CanadianWDWFan
02-14-2010, 08:20 PM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!

We always book our room as soon as we know when we are going. Using Magical Journeys has save us a lot of money and heartache. Thanks to Terrisue!! we saved again for our upcoming trip when the latest discounts came out. She had our options ready for us and all we had to decide was which one to choose.

As for the hurricane season, we have gone every summer for the last 6 years and have yet to experience any weather disruptions to hurricanes. Sure we watch for them but it is something out of our control, so why worry.