PDA

View Full Version : POP CENTURY 90's building

patandmikesmom
02-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Can anyone tell me some information regarding the 90's building. I have always stayed in the 50's building and found it quiet and somewhat close to everything. We are thinking of staying in the 90's building this trip and would like to hear from anyone that has stayed there. Are there any rooms that you would recommended that you feel are the best.
Thanks!

PirateLover
02-13-2010, 01:41 PM
I have never stayed in the 90s, but we've been in the 80s (Rubik's cube theme, and actually the room numbers were in the 90s). It was a decent location... we were right next to the computer pool and it only took us maybe 5 minutes to get to the main building, if that. We were there at the same time as a high school group who were in our section, and hung out by the pool throwing a football and tackling each other all night. However it was not too disturbing. Quietness is really just luck of the draw.

Rekenna
02-13-2010, 09:01 PM
We stayed at 90's on our last trip to POP. We didn't have a car, so we used WDW tranit. The only thing we didn't like about the 90's is that it's so far from the bus stop. Of course POP is big so depending on what building you are in other era's are a far walk as well. It just seemed to us that 90's was the most out of the way. Which isn't a big deal on this side of vacation (sitting on my couch, freezing, with almost a foot of snow outside) but, it's awfully long coming back from that bus stop at midnight with 3 tired dudes.

Rosemickey68
02-15-2010, 01:40 PM
We stayed in the 90's bldg...can't remember the room number, but it was right by the giant laptop/computer.
My advice is to really look at the map of the resort to figure out the best way to the bus stop no matter what bldg you stay in.
When we checked in the CM marked on the map how to get to our room. We discovered it was the long way! From the 90's you can cut across the parking lot to the bus stop. It was a short walk that way!
Maybe the CM's can't tell you that for safety reasons!?!
Good luck!

dream6
02-17-2010, 09:53 PM
We stayed in the 90s building a few years ago. Our room was right by the computer pool and it was pretty quiet the entire time. But we were also there during a pretty quiet time. I agree with the previous poster that said to cut across the parking lot to get to the bus stops. You save a lot of time and we only realized the short cut like half way through the vacation :blush: It wasn't our favorite building to stay in - we liked the 60s more - but it was Disney!:mickey:

FLKatie912
02-17-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm a POP fan. I wish I would have known about that parking lot tip because that's my one complaint about the 90s is the walk to the bus is fairly long, especially when you're tired at night. Though I did go through cheaphotels.com to get the rooms that time, so I got what I paid for. ;) Another thing is I don't know how much you like themeing, but I felt a little bit of a lack of creative-themeing for the 90s. That could be due to the fact that it's just so recent and normal it doesn't seem fun, but they're are MANY hidden Mickeys.

On the plus side, it's out of the way, so minimal distrubances!

PirateLover
02-17-2010, 10:38 PM
I forgot to mention in my post that we too cut through the parking lot. Not necessarily through the actual cars but there's a pathway around the lot and it's shorter than going through the main kind of hub area. Basically when the bus lets you off you don't go back in the building, you just keep walking straight down the path.

olivegirl
02-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Definitely use the pathway around the lot, it is faster and convenient. Good Luck!:mickey: