PDA

View Full Version : Quick service dining plan

motherof4
02-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I just learned that disney is offering a quick service dining plan. has anyone ever tried this plan. we always do the full dining plan in the sit down restaurants but this one seems a little cheaper.

Strmchsr
02-13-2010, 12:08 PM
It's a little cheaper, but not by too much. I don't think it's as good of a value as the DDP (and I'm not a huge fan of the DDP), but it's definitely better if you want to pre-pay for your meals but don't like sit-down restaurants.

Alaska Disney Fan
02-13-2010, 07:34 PM
We have done both, the thing we liked about the counter service is that you could eat any time you wanted. You have to look for the counter service places that have more than just burgers or chicken strips - Columbia Harbor house, Cosmic rays, Flame Tree BBQ, Wolfgang puck Cafe (my favorite), Earl of Sandwich, Studio Catering Company, Toy Story Pizza Planet, Sunshine Season or any of the counter service in World Showcase. Don't have to worry about calling and getting reservations or getting to a specific place at a specific time. Your party can eat at multiple different places too.

HoosierDisneyFan
02-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Avoid Toy Story Pizza Planet if you want a quiet meal.

Just my opinion of course.

Rekenna
02-13-2010, 09:43 PM
From your screen name I see you are a mom of 4, I am a mom of 2. We have done both the dining plans. We really liked the QSDP. No ADR's, no pressure, no forcing anyone to stop what they are doing or get up from a nap or get out of the pool to make an ADR. Very convenient for us. We like having all of our meals pre-paid and we eat a lot so this worked well for us. We did however get tired of eating french fries. As another poster said you need to be a litle creative with your food choices.

Cosmic Ray's is a fave of ours, roasted chicken with vegetables. Pecos Bills, chicken fried steak or taco salad. Pizza Planet, pizza and salad.

Look on the menu link here at Intercot for some ideas.

We are :thumbsup: for the QSDP.

azcavalier
02-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Avoid Toy Story Pizza Planet if you want a quiet meal.

Just my opinion of course.

We actually love Pizza Planet, but we *always* eat outside. But we've always been there in good weather, too. It's nice and calm outside in that little plaza, sitting in the shade (because the tables have umbrellas). Try that next time, and you might enjoy it a little more.

olivegirl
02-18-2010, 03:19 PM
:thumbsup:You can get some great food at some of the counter service spots. Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney is a great place, Backlot Express in Disney Studios and Yak and Yeti counter service in AK are our favorites.

mickkey
02-19-2010, 11:53 AM
We usually end up with the DDP and spend way too much on meals and also end up eating waaayyy to much:sick: We are going in March with DDP because my sister and her hubby have never been and we want to share with them some sit down experiences, however next Nov we are going without any plans, I think I'll be in withdrawl at the 180 day mark and worried ...what the heck have I just done!!!!!:cry:

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-22-2010, 03:27 PM
:thumbsup:You can get some great food at some of the counter service spots. Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney is a great place, Backlot Express in Disney Studios and Yak and Yeti counter service in AK are our favorites.

:ditto: We love the QSDP. We love the flexibility with having 2 small children and eating when and where we want. Olivegirl has hit some of our favs... we would have to add Wolfgang puck express, Pecos Bill and our fav... drum roll.... TONGA TOAST AT CAPTAIN COOKS!!!!!

One of the biggest reasons that we love the QSDP as 2 adults is that the snack options are good for the Food and Wine Festival snacks and drinks which is probably our most favorite adult attraction!

We too give it 2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: