PDA

View Full Version : Very Beginning of June

dinahvixen
02-13-2010, 10:46 AM
I checked the "best time to go" on info central, but didn't find early June - just mid June. Our school gets out before Memorial Day and I am wondering how bad crowds are if we head to WDW immediately after Memorial Day for that first week of June. I think most schools across the country get out mid to late June, so I am hoping for lower crowds. We've previously been September visitors, so have really enjoyed low lines for attractions - especially with a 2yo.

Strmchsr
02-13-2010, 12:13 PM
You won't have low lines by any means, and if you're used to September it may seem quite crowded. Memorial Day pretty much kicks off the summer season. However, it's not too bad. Certainly doable and better than later in the summer. Just have a plan and use fastpass.

faline
02-13-2010, 03:45 PM
We've gone twice for the first weekend in June in recent years. Once year, we were pleasantly surprised by much lower than expected crowds. Due to that experience, we went again at the same time the following year. What a difference! Crowds were much more significant on the second go-round. I'm guessing the first time was an anomoly.

Gregandmel
02-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Our friends went this past June (very first week) and had a great time. They usually go in the summer months and said that because those sorts of crowds are what they are used to, the 1st week in June was very manageable. I'm sure there are still crowds starting to come in , but nothing like what happens when mid-June rolls around. Just have a plan each day and you'll be fine.

dinahvixen
02-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks! I guess it's all relative - we've never had to have a plan! We'll see what we can do, but it looks like it may be our only option.

Tink#64
02-15-2010, 12:37 AM
We're doing our first ever "summer trip"! We'll be there June 5 - 11. We usually do May or April, but unable to visit during that time this year. We've been the last week of May - the week leading up to the MD holiday weekend & that was really crowded! The holiday is the weekend prior to our arrival so we're crossing our fingers & hoping for at least a little lighter crowd! :fingers:

Goofy Texan
02-15-2010, 10:23 AM
While you'll have heavier crowds, there are many benfits that allow for much freedom in touring:

Longer park hours
PM EMH's allow for fun after midnight touring
Fantasmic and Spectro (or Electrical Parade) every night - many nights with multiple showings
An AM EMH and PM EMH at a different park every day - making it easier to zig when the crowds zag
Parks are staffed up, rides running at full capacity, lots of atmosphere characters out
PM EMH at the water parks. If you get the chance hit Typhoon Lagoon's. The park is way cool after dark, but ride Crush and Gusher early as it closes at dark (no lights on it).

I like early June. I think you will too.

dinahvixen
02-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks - I actually forgot about the longer hours! We go slow anyway, so maybe this will make us slow down and enjoy the details a little more...