PDA

View Full Version : DW6-The "we know the weather's comming" trip!

SandmanGStefani24
02-13-2010, 12:23 AM
Well, got the Mrs to come with me this time! It's looking good, but in the planning stages, we hit a difference in opinion with the rental car. As a younger guy, I prefer convertibles and such on vacation. She hates them, and wouldnt let me rent one. Grudgingly I accepted but told her it would be her fault if the car sucked. (to which she simply smirked...she doesn't intimidate easy after 7 years...lol) So after a smooth flight, we get to the airport and pick up our car. Avis took care of me this time, and set me up with a 2010 Camaro. (The Mrs was quick to chime in, "you're welcome!" and gave a big :D) Why are wives right all the time??

Anyway, we got to the resort, and found the online checkin feature to be very fast and efficient. We were situated in the 80s, and loved taking pix near the large items. The room was clean, and there's nothing like turing on that TV and hearing the WDW promos. (home, again!) We made our way to Downtown Disney so she could do one thing she's been dying to do, and ride a hot air balloon like the one at Characters in Flight. We stood in line for about 30 minutes before being told the winds were too strong and would not allow for any more flights that day. She was bummed, definately. We made up for it by buying bulk candy and seeing some sights. We drove back to the resort for dinner and an early bedtime. The poor tv channel selection irks us, but we are too tired to care. Tomorrow we have a day at MK and a 70% chance of rain. We know it's comming, so we're ready. We think...

badkitty
02-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Sounds like a great start so far! Love the car - lucky you! :thumbsup: Thanks for the report.

mouseketeer mom
02-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Glad the wife joined you this time around. Hope you get another chance to do Characters in Flight, its an awful lot of fun.

faline
02-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Off to a good start despite the balloon disappointment! Hope you get it in before your trip is done!

KylesMom
02-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Good flight, good car . . . bummer about the balloon ride,l though. Hopefully you'll still be able to get a trip in this visit. Looking forward to your next installment! :mickey:

pdrlkr
02-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Great start! :balloon:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Nice start

princessgirls
02-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Love those hot rockin' Camaro's!!!

You are off to a great start. Did you get over to Daytona for the race?

Thanks for reporting.

Julie:mickey: