PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Opening Ceremonies and ...

Tiggerdog
02-12-2010, 11:43 PM
wondering if any of our Canadian VMK friends are there! :cool:

Patricia
03-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Sorry,I'm a little slow.
I've been busy watching the Olympics. :blush:

I was not at the Opening ceremonies.. nor was I at any event. The tickets were extremely hard to come by and expensive.

So, I had to live vicariously through people I knew who were there. A client of mine, her husband is a big curler here, unfortunately he was not on the Olympic team but knows them all very well. Anyhoo.. she and hubby were there for the Medal Curling event and when the Canadians won, the team skip (Martin) threw his flowers to her. She said suddenly she was an instant celebrity and everyone was asking to have a picture with her.. and others only wanted a picture of the flowers. She and her husband stayed and attended the closing ceremonies. She said it was a fantastic time.

My son lives in downtown Vancouver and said the City was electrified the entire time. I was planning to drive into Vancouver for the last weekend, even found a place to stay, but we bowed out at the last minute due to work conflicts.. well honestly, we could have made it but it would have amounted to little or no sleep from Sunday morning till Monday night.. Zzzzzzz.