PDA

View Full Version : Mini Golf

michellerose1579
02-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Not sure if Im posting this in the right area, but Im sure the wonderful Intercot people will make sure it is where it should be!

What can you guys tell me about the 2 mini golf courses. Which one is better? Ive never done the mini golf and mom wants to try it on our trip down. Thanks!

dpolz544
02-12-2010, 02:21 PM
I think about 13 years ago when I was nine my 2 brothers and I played Mini-Golf at Disney Fantasia Gardens Course...

My dad made a home movie of it and as a family we watched it this Christmas it was actually pretty funny...apparently I have a quite a temper when I lost when I was little.

But I still remember having fun despite the loss.

I think it would be something fun to do on a non-park day.

I'm going in March and it’s on our to-do list

bretski99
02-12-2010, 02:44 PM
We've been to Winter Summerland and played the Winter course (in 2004) and Fantasia Gardens (in 2006 and 2009). Both are interesting in their own way. The winter course, if I remember right, is a little easier (as evidenced by our 7 year old - at the time - beating us severely, and I'm actually a decent golfer/putter). Fantasia gardens is cool because there's a few interactive things (water sprays at you when you hit the ball in the hole on one hole - don't want to give too much away). Also, if you stay in the lagoon area (Boardwalk, Key West, Beach Club), you can walk to Fantasia. Winter Summerland is next to Blizzard Beach and if that's all you're going to do it may not be worth it. Just my two cents - I didn't play the "Summer" course there so I might be missing something.

Maleficent_vf
02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Haven't been to Winter/Summerland, but we have been to Fantasia Gardens 3x (I think). It's a lot of fun and when we were there (November or January) it wasn't busy at all.

caryrae
02-12-2010, 05:18 PM
We were at the Winter Summer one just this past trip in Sept 2009 and unless they updated it recently, it is really getting run down. It's fun with all the Xmas music playing in the background. It is a very easy course you can get lots of holes-in-one and unless they fix it up we may not go back.

biodtl
02-14-2010, 01:40 PM
We have only been to Winter Summerland and we really enjoy it. The Winter/Christmas theming is a lot of fun in the Florida heat, and best of all, we like to take a photos on Santa's sleigh for our Christmas cards.

websitekid
02-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Thanks for all of the information this far, do any of you know what the tentative price would be for a weekday evening for a college aged student? My class is going to WDW over spring break.

badkitty
02-15-2010, 12:50 AM
We went to Fantasia on our last trip. There are two courses and we played the Fantasia "story" one. It was easier. It cost $12 each for adults. I don't remember if there was a student discount but there was a AP discount.