PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain With Lights on?

Superzeus84
02-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Hey, Just curious how many of you have rode space mountain(glitch of some sorts) or seen it with the lights on. My Fiancee and me rode the TTA last week and when we came to the Space mountain part all the lights were on in the whole building, it was really neat. So i was wondering if any one else has experianced this.

KylesMom
02-11-2010, 11:26 PM
In the past several years, we've seen SM from the TTA with lights on several times - more than I could count with my two hands. However, we've never been ON it when it's broken down!:mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
02-11-2010, 11:27 PM
We had the lights turned on twice while in the last 50 feet of line que. We were very nervous about even getting on the ride after seeing the system die twice. When we finally got in our car (first car after the second restart), the CM had to give us a push to get us going. While it was neat to see everything lit up, it ruined the ride for us. We kept expecting the car to fall off the tracks any moment! All of this was pre-refurb, so who knows if it still has these kinds of problems....

MaxPower
02-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Coincidentally, I have ridden TTA and encountered Space Mountain with the lights on as well. With the new SM queue, you can only have this experience from TTA now.

SBETigg
02-12-2010, 07:38 AM
I was there when the lights came on and the ride was evacuated, but I was still in the queue-- so have seen it, but haven't ridden it that way.

So... fiancee. She said yes! I hope it was very special for you. Best wishes to you both.

Stu29573
02-12-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm not really a coaster fan, but I decided to ride SM after seeing it with the lights on while riding the TTA. I'm glad I did!:thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
02-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Was in WDW last week and when DW and I were on the TTA, the lights were on inside SM. Pretty cool to see.

kakn7294
02-12-2010, 08:21 AM
I've also been on the TTA and seen SM with the lights on. I got a few not-so-great pictures since I always have my camera in hand.

Goofy4TheWorld
02-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Was in WDW last week and when DW and I were on the TTA, the lights were on inside SM. Pretty cool to see.

I guess the refurb didn't help....:(

Superzeus84
02-12-2010, 08:51 AM
I was there when the lights came on and the ride was evacuated, but I was still in the queue-- so have seen it, but haven't ridden it that way.

So... fiancee. She said yes! I hope it was very special for you. Best wishes to you both.

Yep, she said yes. Thanks again, I think ill start a thread and Tell everyone how it went down.

CzepielCrew
02-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Personally, I really don't want to see the tracks when I am on that ride. I think I would freak out with the lights on.

Imagineer1981
02-12-2010, 11:35 AM
it is BORING...BORING...BORING with the lights on. I have rode it with the lights on countless times as a former CM and it takes alot of the thrill away. Its still fun, but not nearly the same experience

Patricia
02-12-2010, 12:06 PM
I've been in the old queue when the lights have come on. An employee had to walk the track as something had been dropped on it. Once the track was cleared the lights were turned out and the line got moving again.

With the new queue you won't see that anymore.

MOJoe
02-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I've seen the inside of Space while on the TTA. With the lights on it seems to me as creepy as the Haunted Mansion! :bat:

eeyorepoohfan
02-12-2010, 12:28 PM
:thumbsup:When my hubby and myself were ON Space Mountain in December the ride broke down. We knew something was going to happen when we noticed the car next to us on the hill climb stopped at the top. Our car, however, kept going! So we rode for a few seconds before the lights switched on. Thankfully we didn't get stuck! Since we've ridden SM many many times at Disneyland and Disney World, we thought it was really cool to see the inside! We were a little bummed though because it was our last ride before leaving Disney World, but thought it was neat to experience it that way once! :woohoo:

I've also had the opportunity at Disneyland to walk down the inside of the Matterhorn when we got stuck! Got to go where only the CMs get to go! :high5:

dpolz544
02-12-2010, 02:24 PM
I believe I have both rode and have seen SM with the lights on from TTA....

I agree with a few other posters it is MUCH better with the lights OFF!

PETE FROM NYC
02-12-2010, 06:16 PM
I am not a fan of Space Mountain. I hate any coaster type rides. Drops make me very uncomfortable. Yes, I did ride it once, my first visit in 1975 and I wanted to jump out during the ride.
Sometime during the 1980s, SM was down for maintenance, so we saw it all lit up while riding the then called People Mover. After what I did see, I was not impressed. It looked about as imposing as a wild mouse ride, just that its in the dark.
Still, no coasters for me.

Touchdown
02-14-2010, 01:33 PM
My first trip to WDW in 1989 occurred during a Space rehab so Ive seen in plenty of times from the TTA with the lights on.

Last time I was there we were riding and got E-stopped just before the lift flyby. Lights went on, and we had to evac. Was pretty cool to walk down from the structure, after we did the 6 foot leap to get from the car to the walkway below.

websitekid
02-14-2010, 02:09 PM
The last time I was in WDW, they were having some technical difficulties. We rode space mountain three times over the week because there were basically no people there. The first time there was no music, and that was fun, but the next time we had music and there was really no comparison. The last day we went back they had some type of problem and the lights were on and it was (in my opinion) worse than having no music. It was interesting because you saw how much they were able to fit in the small enclosure, but still no comparison.