PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay for a family of 6?

amorillo
02-11-2010, 07:58 PM
We are hoping to get back to Disney World late Feb/early March 2011... at that time our family we be: Myself, my Husband, Son 16, and three Daughters ages 13, 3, and 1.

Any ideas where to look? Something that won't cost a fortune? (On property of course) :mickey:

ibrowse17
02-11-2010, 08:01 PM
You could try the cabins at FW, or a couple of rooms at a vaule. Good luck:thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
02-11-2010, 08:45 PM
If you go with the two value rooms...make sure you put on your reservations that you have minor children in the 'other' room and need connecting rooms -- not adjoining rooms.
:pirate:

WelshieLover
02-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Another option would be one of the Villas - OKW, SSR, AKV, WLV, BWV, or BCV. We have stayed at OKW and BWV they are great. It is nice to have the kitchen for breakfast and the washer and dryer make life easy. OKW in particular is very spacious. If the Villas are in your budget that would be my recommendation.

azcavalier
02-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Actually, as far as Disney is concerned, that is a family of five, with a baby. The baby doesn't count. So, you could book a room at Port Orleans Riverside, which sleeps five, along with a crib for the 1 yr old. That's probably your cheapest option. It might be a *little* tight, but remember...you're not staying in the room all day. It'll just be to sleep.

bruin1344
02-12-2010, 08:29 PM
two rooms at a value is prob best/cheapest option, gives your 16 and 13 year old their own beds also

azcavalier
02-14-2010, 01:17 PM
If you go before the youngest is three, you can still all fit in one room at PO-Riverside. One room at Riverside is still cheaper than two rooms at a value resort. Plus, the rooms are a little bigger, the pools are better and the food court is better than the All Stars food courts.

Here's a link to the fact sheet for Port Orleans Riverside, which states that it has a maximum occupancy of five, PLUS a child under 3 in a crib.

http://intercot.com/resorts/disney/riverside/default.asp

amorillo
02-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks for all the info! I think we're going to try POR... we've done connecting rooms at the values on several other (big family) trips.... but I POR would be better just because of the pool! I think the older kids would enjoy the slide! :D

MaxPower
02-15-2010, 12:22 PM
I agree that the value resorts would be your best bet.

azcavalier
02-15-2010, 01:47 PM
I agree that the value resorts would be your best bet.

Not really. If you actually have six paying customers, then sure. But if one of the kids is under three, then two value resort rooms is always going to be more expensive since you can fit that many in one room at PO-Riverside.

The All-Stars charge anywhere from $82 - $145 a night, per room for a standard room. Port Orleans Riverside is $149 - $219 a night, per room for a standard room. So, do the math...it would cost *at least* $164 a night at a Value during the cheapest times. And you wouldn't have a fridge or a waterslide....

Of course, this is the cheap way to go. You will certainly be crowded. Two rooms at a value will give you two toilets, which is never a bad thing.

Lizzie
02-15-2010, 06:58 PM
As a soon to be family of 6 I wish Disney offered more options for larger families. I wish some of the moderates offered family suites whats nice about the family suite at the value is it is less than two value rooms.

We have been only to Disneyland lately with all the good neighbor hotels it offers more options for larger families.

crltkcagle
02-15-2010, 07:50 PM
I AGREE 110%!!!!!! We are a family of five and I swear I feel like we have the plague when it comes to booking a room at Disney. We are very limited on our options of where we can stay. Its so much easier for families of four or less. I wish Disney properties would do something about this.

As a soon to be family of 6 I wish Disney offered more options for larger families. I wish some of the moderates offered family suites whats nice about the family suite at the value is it is less than two value rooms.

We have been only to Disneyland lately with all the good neighbor hotels it offers more options for larger families.

Tinkerfreak
02-16-2010, 08:09 AM
I know that you could all fit in one of the rooms at POR but there is no way I would try to cram 6people in one room. You will be tripping all over each other. If your kids were all little it might be different but with 2 teenagers I don't think I would do it. Two connecting rooms would be perfect because you would have more space, more beds and 2 bathrooms. We were cramped with just DH and I and 2 girls ages 11 and 14. That was without having a trundle bed and a crib in the room.

azcavalier
02-16-2010, 09:17 AM
I know that you could all fit in one of the rooms at POR but there is no way I would try to cram 6people in one room. You will be tripping all over each other. If your kids were all little it might be different but with 2 teenagers I don't think I would do it. Two connecting rooms would be perfect because you would have more space, more beds and 2 bathrooms. We were cramped with just DH and I and 2 girls ages 11 and 14. That was without having a trundle bed and a crib in the room.

I don't disagree. It would be super-crowded. But, if you're looking to go on-the-cheap, that's the cheapest option. Not the BEST option, but the cheapest option.