PDA

View Full Version : Photopass ?'s

mmwonka
02-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Hello. We've never used Photopass before but my cousin used it on our last trip and loved it. I would like to use it this year but I have a few questions please. Can you preorder the card? For those of you who have used it, do you recommend it? Thanks in advance :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-11-2010, 06:21 PM
We're big photopass fans in our family.

You don't need to pre-order the card, you can pick one up from the first photographer you use in the parks. It is quite simple, when you see a photopass photographer, give them your card, and they will take your picture. Be sure to ask them about "special" shots, as there are some fun ones that they do.

If you have a couple of people, you can combine multiple cards into one CD, or order photos from more than 1 card, so you don't have to panic about getting everything on 1 card.

If you are staying on-site, you should get an email before your trip about ordering the CD at a discounted rate, every bit helps!

mmwonka
02-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Thank you so much :mickey:

Figment104
02-18-2010, 01:30 PM
We've used Photopass on our last two trips and have loved it. I would definitely look into preordering the CD as it generally saves you around $25 or so. One of the benefits to this is that when you get home and really go through your pictures you can choose to cancel the order and they'll give you a refund (I think this must be done within about 2 weeks of activating your account online). We've loved it though! :mickey:

Enjoy your trip!

BigRedDad
02-19-2010, 07:23 AM
We love it too. Even if there are not a ton of photos, being able to add the character signatures, borders, and other things makes the pictures that much better. As the previous poster pointed out, you save $25 by pre-ordering. If you do not want it, you can get a refund.

It has been a little while since I was there, but the best photopass card I got was from Pixie Hollow. They give out a smaller card (pixie size) and it has a wristband on it. Another tip, take a picture of the back of your Photopass card. This way you have the number code in case you lose it. With the number, they can load those to a new card.

forever a child
02-19-2010, 08:14 AM
I have seen the cd on the disney website for around $39 but I thought before it was around $99. Am I looking at two different items or has the price come down that much??? I want to order this before our trip to get the discount since we planned on getting it. I have never purchased the cd before.

faline
02-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Disney's photo gallery cd sells for about $40 on the Disney site. This CD is pre-loaded with around 300 photos taken in Disney World but would not include any personal photos of you and your family. The pre-ordered photo pass CD on which you can get pics of you and your family costs around $100.

BigRedDad
02-19-2010, 09:15 AM
It looks like the price has gone up and the preorder for 20% off is gone. It looks like it is now $150. There are some other sites that indicate if you are a resort guest and Photopass confirms it, they will email you a 33% off code which does not require preorder.

I am going to call and see if it works.

BigRedDad
02-19-2010, 09:26 AM
Confirmed with Photopass call number. The current price is $149.95. For resort guests that booked through WDTC, you will get an email about 10 days before your trip with a private link to preorder for $99.95. He was not sure if it was a preorder or just a special price. He was also pretty certain this is only for resort guests that book through WDW Travel directly, not through a travel agent.

I think someone from Magical Journeys may want to chime in here to see if their reservations get the discount as well.

DizneyRox
02-19-2010, 10:37 AM
People have reported that resort guests regardless can get the e-mail (even DVC). Some just have to call to prompt the e-mail, others seems to get it automagically...

Off site guests are not getting it however, which seems to indicate it's a resort perk and not a pre-purchase discount.

faline
02-19-2010, 10:46 AM
On our last trip, Magical Journeys had to call photopass to confirm our status as resort guests. Photopass then provided instructions on how to get the resort guest pricing.

forever a child
02-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Disney's photo gallery cd sells for about $40 on the Disney site. This CD is pre-loaded with around 300 photos taken in Disney World but would not include any personal photos of you and your family. The pre-ordered photo pass CD on which you can get pics of you and your family costs around $100.

You are correct, this is what I was actually looking at, my mistake. Thanks.

Has anyone ever done photo sharing with the cd's? A friend of mine sent me a Facebook group that does this. Not so sure about it though.

DizneyRox
02-21-2010, 08:48 AM
You are correct, this is what I was actually looking at, my mistake. Thanks.

Has anyone ever done photo sharing with the cd's? A friend of mine sent me a Facebook group that does this. Not so sure about it though.

The cost is worth getting your own. It's against the spirit of the program I feel, and actually, I don't think I would want MY vacation pictures on someone elses discs that I don't know. It's a privacy issue, there's a reason there's no pictures of me or my family online.

Who knows if there's some pedifile subscribing to it just to get a rise... No thank you, I'll pass...

momtoaacm
03-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Once I purchase the Cd for $100.00, do I have the rights to the pictures to print at Walmart, or do I have to still pay per picture?

KylesMom
03-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Once I purchase the Cd for $100.00, do I have the rights to the pictures to print at Walmart, or do I have to still pay per picture? You have the rights to all of the photos on the CD and can print them anywhere.

We've ordered the PhotoPass CD for no less than four years now, and it's really worth it to us. It's great to have all of these photos with all three of us in them! :mickey:

lettripp
03-02-2010, 12:21 PM
I like it but am also a big fan of my own camera. In the past, after the photopass shot I've handed my camera to the CM to take a picture with that instead. Then, I can choose the best shot of the two.

I LOVED photopass for the fact that the cards worked on Test Track. My party and I filled a car, took a hilarious picture and were all able to see/use it without committing to a large ride-photo package. I ended up ordering magnets with the TT photo for everyone in the car, and mailed them to my sisters who were still in college. They were a great and affordable souvenir for their fridges!! :car:

minnie-mouse
03-06-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm confused. If I pre-order the CD, do I still go and get a photopass card from the first photographer I see?

Also, will the photopass card include pics they take as you enter restaurants like OHanas or pictures they take on rides?

Do any photographers hang around the resorts like Poly to take pictures?

Once your trip is over, how do you access the CD and submit your order?

faline
03-06-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm confused. If I pre-order the CD, do I still go and get a photopass card from the first photographer I see?

Yes. The card tags your pictures. You'll use the card each time you have your pics taken with a photographer.

Also, will the photopass card include pics they take as you enter restaurants like OHanas or pictures they take on rides?

The only ride on the photopass system is Test Track. You'll need to scan your card as you exit that ride to include it on your photopass cd. I seem to recall we got photopass cd pics as we entered Norway for the princess breakfast but don't remember for sure.

Do any photographers hang around the resorts like Poly to take pictures?

There are photographers at some of the resorts. I know my brother had a free picture with his December package and had his family picture taken by the Animal Kingdom Lodge Christmas tree. There are other photo package offerings for pictures at some of the resorts.

Once your trip is over, how do you access the CD and submit your order?

You go to the Disney photopass website and either create an account or access your existing account. You'll be prompted to enter the numbers from your photopass card(s) which will bring up your pictures. I'd also suggest taking a picture (with your own camera) of the numbers on your photopass card(s). That way, you'll still be able to access those pictures even if the card gets lost.

minnie-mouse
03-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Thank you so much!!

mama2angels
03-08-2010, 10:27 AM
I am considering getting the photopass cd my ? is how do you get it once the pics are taken...is it mailed to the address connected to my reservation or do I have to go online and request the cd to be mailed to me after my vacation?:confused:

KylesMom
03-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Photopass is separate from your accommodation reservations. You'll need to go on line to order the CD upon your return from the Disney PhotoPass Site.

faline
03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
After you vacation, you can go on-line and modify the pictures that were taken (crop them, add borders etc.) When you finish completing what you want to do with your pictures, you place your final "order" and the CD is mailed to you.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-08-2010, 03:31 PM
We did the fast pass for the first time this past October. WE LOVED IT!

I pre-ordered the photopass to get the discount. I created my account online and all that jazz before our trip.

While we paid for the card ourselves, we could have easily split it with the other 13 people in our group. But, we wanted... ok I wanted.. full control over the pictures and we were the only ones with kids on the trip. So, we of course used it the most.

When we got to DHS on our first day, we grabbed a ton of cards and passed it out to the group. We told them to find as many photographers as they could and take as many pictures as they wanted throughout the trip. we ended up with about 180 photos!

We took pics at the entrance to each park... everytime we entered it! - the castle was different colors, the sun was in different positions in the sky, we had different color clothes on, I had a better hair day :D than the previous, etc. We also took pics at a few of the resorts - GF, Poly, AKL... they set up all over. Not to mention all the character meets in the parks and the photo ops sites throughout Epcot are really great.

It was funny also to see all the pictures that our family took on their own.

We will definitely do the photo pass each trip going forward. While I have my own camera that I take ooooodles of pictures with (our last trip was over 1600 photos not including the photopass ones!) doing the photo pass are my "posed" pics with my own camera pics as my photo-journalistic pics.

When we got home from our trip, I linked all the cards together under my account. I even "lost" a few pictures. There was another family's pictures with Woody and Jessie instead of our DDs. So, I emailed disneyphoto pass with the day and rough time of our pictures with what my DD's were wearing. I also attached my own camera's picture of that pose and within 24 hours, they found the lost pictures and added them to my account.

Wow... that's quite a story... sorry it got so long! :blush:

queenmom9497
04-15-2010, 09:45 AM
I have found 2 links to sites that offer a prepaid photopass CD purchase price of $99.95 which is $50.00 off post trip purchase price. Not sure if I can include them here on the site but if you enter in your search engine "Disney Photopass discounts" you will find multiple links.

homeschool mom
04-15-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm probably the only negative comment on here, but I've never really been overly impressed with the photopass photos. Maybe my crew is just not cooperative. We may get one or two that we really like when we check them out online, but never have gotten enough to pay for the cost of the CD. I always hand my camera to the photopass photographer and the photos they do with mine are just as good as theirs. It just never has paid for me to purchase the CD.

That's just my 2 cents worth. For what it's worth.