PDA

View Full Version : Pop

Mickey Johnson
02-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Can anyone help me with any insider tips or hints or anything interesting about pop centruy. Im planning on staying there and any info would be great.

Strmchsr
02-11-2010, 11:31 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

I'm sure you'll get lots of great info here.

What I would say about Pop is the buildings don't really matter too much. Pick whichever decade is your favorite and you'll enjoy it. There's lots to see all over the resort. The 60s building is usually the "preferred" location, but you have to pay more for it and you can usually get just as close with the 50s, 70s, or 80s if being close matters to you.

eeyorepoohfan
02-11-2010, 12:15 PM
:mickey3:We stayed at Pop Century Dec 10-15,2009. It was our first experience at a Value Resort. I was pleasantly surprised by this resort! They placed us in the 50s section and we had a slight view of the lake. It was super quiet where we were, behind the bowling pin pool. Make sure you take the time to walk around all the areas and see the larger than life icons! My hubby and I walked around the entire resort on our last day and took lots of pictures. It didn't seem that anything was too far from the buses or food court.

:eat:We were able to eat inexpensively for breakfast every morning. They have bagels and danishes for less than $2 each. So breakfast for was was less than $6 every day!

We also got the refillable mug. My hubby used if for pop or hot chocolate with breakfast, then filled it again before going to the parks. We often came back to our room midafternoon for a little break. We would fill our mug on the way in and out. If we got back before midnight we would even fill it again. Oh, and there are mug washing stations at the drink station so you can keep your mug clean. We always take a Camelback when we travel to Disney and fill it with ice before heading out to the parks. Our pack also had a place for us to clip on the mug and not worry about "carrying" it around the parks.

We used the bowling pin pool (quiet pool) once. It was a little chilly outside when we were there. But we saw a lot of people using the main pool.

I also took a collapsable storage box from Target. I used this in the bathroom. I put all of our non-shower items in the box and would put in on the closet shelf when not needed. This really helped to free up counter space and made it easier for mousekeeping to clean the sink area. I've heard of people using closet hanging shoe organizers for the same purpose. They will both fold small enough to put in a suitcase.

Make sure you walk by the lake and find your birth year on the signs. Very fun to see the big events for the year! :wave:

pox24
02-11-2010, 12:46 PM
When money is tight, and we don't wish to use our DVC points, we go to POP. We usually get a preferred room which allows us not only to enjoy a king size bed buy puts us in a location usually on the pool and close to the main bldg. Our POP stays also coincide with Epcot events because of how close the resort is to Epcot. Its definetly no frills but the rooms are always clean and after all its Disney. You also can't beat the price. My wife and I are driving up for three nights next month for less than $ 300. Not bad for peak season. :thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
02-11-2010, 01:30 PM
LOVE POP! We will never stay at any other value resort!

Stay #1 - we stayed in the 50's building facing the bowling pin pool. A bit noisy. Plus, you have to walk through 2 smoking areas to get to the cafe - one small, the other rather large and right next to the doors to enter the main building with the arcade/gift shop etc.

Stay #2 - we stayed in the 60's building facing the lake. Very nice and quiet and the view was fantastic! We'd love to stay there again. Plus we didn't pass through smoking areas to go eat - a bonus for my DD who is allergic to smoke!

And like previous posters have said. Just walk around and see what all the different buildings offer! Our kids suited up for the pool and we "pool-hopped" all afternoon one day! So much fuN!

Have fun! You'll love it!! :thumbsup: :mickey:

Tink#64
02-12-2010, 12:38 AM
:thumbsup:Pop is our WDW home! We've stayed there 4 times & we love it. Planning a return there in June. If you have specific q's you can pm me. I have a resort map that might help you in choosing what building/room you might want to request.

We love the atmosphere at Pop! It's very colorful & vibrant! To me it's just pure Disney fun! Our DS's are 12 & 14 & for now it's perfect for us. We spend some time there everyday around one of the pools, usually the main pool, the Hippy Dippy pool, but for an even more quiet break, the bowling pin pool is fantastic. We usually stay in the 60's section, bldg #4 behind the Play-Do can. We always have a nice view of HourGlass Lake. Most days we get either lunch or dinner from the food court - plenty of choices there & eat pool side! The rooms are adequate, yes they are a little on the small side, and I'm sure the mods & deluxe are bigger & have more ammenities, but we'd rather spend our money on the fun stuff not the pool or where we sleep. Pop has everything we need and we really enjoy the atmosophere there!

Mickey Johnson
02-12-2010, 12:46 PM
This is awesome. Thank you very much. Anything else is still appreciated. But thanks again :D

BigThunderFan
02-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Tie-dyed cheesecake. Trust me.

Scar
02-12-2010, 02:17 PM
I liked POP and would stay there again. But only if I had a car. The Bus service was horrible.

Rosemickey68
02-15-2010, 01:58 PM
My DH and I stayed at Pop in April 2008. We loved it. The room was clean, bed comfortable. I wouldn't say it was noisy at all. We stayed in the 90's bldg right by the giant computer/laptop, which is also by a pool, and I never heard a thing.
We liked the Food Court. They had a variety of things to choose from for reasonable prices.
Some people have indicated on here they don't like the food. I thought the food was pretty good. We had bagels, fruit, pizza, hamburgers, and breakfast tacos from the food court and they were all good! When we went the bus service was wonderful. We never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus. Even when it was crowded leaving the parks to return to Pop...if a bus was crowded and left it was never more than 15 minutes before another bus appeared.