PDA

View Full Version : Crowds at Waterparks

clausjo
02-11-2010, 08:33 AM
We've never been to either one of the waterparks before. We're thinking about going for a day or two at the end of March. I was just wondering if the waterparks get really crowded at this time of year like the parks do? If they do, does one tend to be more croweded than the other? Thanks for any info - I'm sure we'll have a great time either way!

MarkC
02-11-2010, 12:14 PM
This probably won't come as a big surprise to you but they run very similar to the theme parks. Some days are much busier than others, but spring break time will no doubt be very busy. Get there right at opening and you can go on all the slides and rides you want with a minimal wait. Wait until noon and you'll find long lines ahead. The problem here is if its cool in the morning, a water park isn't exactly the best spot to be. So you may have to be flexible. It used to be towards the end of the day they would clear out, but I haven't noticed that on our last few trips. There does seem to be much more room at Typhoon Lagoon than Blizzard Beach as the wave pool is huge. Both are a lot of fun and we go every trip. I highly recommend them-- to us they are just as much a part of the Disney experience as the Theme Parks are. Enjoy!!

PirateLover
02-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Getting there as early as possible is definitely key. We went to both water parks last summer during the heart of a blistering heat wave, and it was unbelievable how much you could get done in the morning! By lunch time they really crowded up, but we were ready to leave, having done everything we wanted.

joonyer
02-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Most weekdays in March would definitely be a less crowded time to visit the waterparks, BUT the last week of March and first couple days of April are spring break for many school systems since Easter is April 4. I would expect all of WDW to be more crowded that week.

bruin1344
02-12-2010, 08:26 PM
ive found blizzard beach with longer waits on there bigger attractions

fielin
02-13-2010, 03:05 AM
The last time I went, I chose to go just after a big rainstorm (no thunder).

This was the best idea. We were maybe two hundred people in Blizzard Beach (and it was in the middle of Spring Break, with the parks crowded !).

bamarn0919
02-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Here's what you need to know: Just like with theme parks, the earlier the better. There are only so many places to "park" that have shade and they go quickly. The only day you can get by without being "first" is on Sunday. Usually the crowds don't get there until later as the locals (yes, we go too) don't come till after church. Typhoon lagoon has less "parking space" but it never feels as crowded. As you go in and over the bridge, I suggest you go right. It's usually easier to find a spot in that direction. BB has more lounger, etc. but the wave pool is SMALL and expect to be swimming on top of others by midmorning. Also, you can take coolers with food and drink into the parks and I do recommend this as the food there "ain't great" if you are hot and waterlogged.

olivegirl
02-16-2010, 06:57 PM
I have to agree that earlier is better, you defitely get to experience all the waterpark has to offer before the lines get long. :mickey: