PDA

View Full Version : Who else got hit by the Blizzard

PirateLover
02-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Just curious to see how many other Intercotees have spent the week digging out!:snowball::winter::freeze:

I am sitting here, watching movies with my fiancee and having some :beer: because I have my 3rd snow day of the week tomorrow. I cannot believe this string of snow storms, though!!! I was 12 years old when Philly got hit by the "Blizzard of '96" with 30+ inches, and that was all my friends and I talked about for years... how awesome it was to be a kid during that time. We have not seen anything to rival it since... but this year, WOW. We got hit with 2+ feet in December, and then we have had 2 major snow storms in one week with areas having 2-4 ft of snow at the end of it, after not having any MAJOR snowfall in years. We are enjoying being snowed in, but if I wasn't a teacher I'm not sure I'd feel the same. Snow is definitely an entirely different animal when you're an adult!

My heart goes out to all those who are suffering power outages and roof cave ins due to the wet nature of the storm. I know areas of the Jersey Shore really got hit hard.

B.R. Guest
02-10-2010, 09:35 PM
We've got around 10" east of Indianapolis but a lot of blowing and drifting snow. This is the first time I haven't been in central Florida for Speedweeks in 16 years so I'm bummed about that plus all our snow.:(

Rekenna
02-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Hi! We have a lot of snow here for us, though not as much as you. We have 8" outside and 2 foot snow drifts in our driveway. We have been very lucky with no power outages or cave-ins that I am aware of. We live in the country and at this rate the kids are going to be going to school until next school year is scheduled to begin.

In the Greater Cincinnati area everything comes to a halt every time it snows. I have worked from home the past 2 days.

Good luck digging out!

Darbylew
02-10-2010, 10:08 PM
We live in the panhandle of Florida and believe
it or not we might get some sleet mixed with
a little snow on Friday. It has been so windy
damp and cold here. I am so ready for spring.
I feel sorry for all ya'll in the Northeast with all
that snow.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY!!!!:mickey::D

AHOTE
02-11-2010, 02:51 AM
PirateLover, We're in the same boat as I too am from Philly. Best thing I ever did was buy a snow thrower that's been sitting in the basement for the past three years for lack of snow. Looking out the window I'm just not sure how it will get through the 3 foot drift that now covers the sidewalk down the entire side of my house. I guess I'll find out in the morning.

gerald72
02-11-2010, 04:21 AM
Sitting inside with about two feet of snow outside.
We were able to go sledding this past weekend, but now all the roads are closed. So everyone is stuck where they are.
And no stores have shovels, snow blowers or even sleds!

vizsla
02-11-2010, 05:17 AM
We only got 6" of snow, and we were spared with the last storm and did not get any snow at all.

SBETigg
02-11-2010, 06:59 AM
We usually get the snow that other East Coasters get, or more. This year, weird, hardly any snow. Even the Eastern part of MA has been hit a few times, and we've gotten away with a dusting. Every major storm has missed us. The most we had in one snowfall was 5 inches, and that was only once this year. The rest have been a dusting to three inches. Plus ice. The ice is worse than snow for me. But I really can't complain. Schools were cancelled here yesterday before it even started snowing-- but again, it passed us by and we barely got an inch. We've had two snow days, and it's February. We've usually had three or four by now.

olivegirl
02-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Voorhees Nj here...with 18.5 inches of snow and that is on top of the 26 inches of snow we received Saturday! I never showeled so much snow in my life!!! Not only did we make A snowman there is enough snow we made a whole family!!! Gotta love it!!

Ian
02-11-2010, 09:28 AM
:wave:

Count us among the snowed in. We must have at least 3 1/2 feet of snow on the ground minimum and the snow piles and drifts tower as high as 7 or 8 feet in some places! :eek:

BURIED!!

Anyone in Orlando have a room to spare? ;)

crazypoohbear
02-11-2010, 10:37 PM
We've gotten next to nothing this year! :(
School was cancelled yesterday in anticipation of a big storm...... we got a dusting what a bummer, I was soooo looking forward to a nice blizzard.
I'm hoping we get a big storm soon. I want to go to DISNEY and DH plows during the storms so please send us your snow.

Katzateer
02-12-2010, 06:10 PM
We are snowed in - soooo glad we moved to the Philly area in time for the biggest snow season ever. Great timing :(

AHOTE
02-12-2010, 08:00 PM
We are snowed in - soooo glad we moved to the Philly area in time for the biggest snow season ever. Great timing :(

Welcome to Pennsylvania :D

TinkiTime1989
02-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Don't know if you can call it a blizzard, but down here in Atlanta we have about 4 inches on the ground and it's still snowing! This is big for us and I'm LOVING IT!! :cloud9:

ILoveLegos
02-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Rushed back from Florida to get snowed-in! I love this season. :mickey:

mainemajor
02-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Central Maine and no snow for a while now. Bare ground in a lot of areas. Spring (for us) like weather 40 degrees today :joy: We even have flowers close to blooming. VERY early for up in the north country.
We do feel everyones pain with the tons of snow, having been there many times done that.
Keep the faith, it will melt soon enough.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-12-2010, 09:04 PM
We might have gotten a half inch! I'm not complaining. Too bad for Crazypoohbear! We'll get to WDW one way or the other.

kakn7294
02-12-2010, 09:52 PM
On the Eastern side of PA, we had 21 inches on Friday - Saturday, then another 7 inches on Tuesday - Wednesday. I picked a great week to take a vacation from work! It's been horrible there with call-offs and people getting stuck working over.

ibrowse17
02-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Got an inch or so here, which does not sound bad until you find out I live on the Gulf Coast:thumbsup:

ryca1dreams
02-12-2010, 10:17 PM
We got hit last night here in North Texas. We got around 12 inches here which is very unusual. I lost one tree.

Harmony Rose
02-12-2010, 10:36 PM
I live in a Dallas suburb and we got 14" in 13 hours yesterday. Thankfully, though, we didn't have any ice so the roads were okay to drive on, but my father-in-law has been without power since 11:00 today due to the weight on the power lines.

I work at a school and it was hard to keep the students focused on education yesterday. Of course, school was cancelled today (I'm sure it was because none of know how to drive in this kind of weather!) so we'll have to make up the day in June, but at least the kids were able to enjoy what is probably a once-in-a-lifetime record snowfall for us. It is beautiful to see, but I can't EVEN imagine living somewhere that this is considered the norm!

TheMartellFamily
02-13-2010, 09:04 AM
We only had 10 inches here in N Chicago Suburbs, but I said rather than driving into work I was taking a snow day. Even my kids went to school that day, but it was really nice.

GBBT
02-13-2010, 01:50 PM
We had a mini storm here last night and got 3.5 inches.I'm glad my boy is having the time of his life.We built a snowman together.:thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
02-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Also in the Philly area... we are barely able to get our car out of the driveway and they are calling for more snow this evening! I am getting a serious case of cabin fever.

Dznygrl79
02-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Hey Howdy Hey we got to much snow! Just about 45 mins down the Pike in Wilmington we got 25" the first storm and 16" the second storm. I am so sick of snow! We live in an old neighborhood that doesn't get plowed so we have been very limited on leaving the house....I hope what they are focasting for tonight never makes it...

Rekenna
02-15-2010, 03:03 PM
So it's been snowing alllll day! Ugh!

We already had about 8" outside, leftover from the last snow, we have easily gotten another 6" and are supposed to get at least 3" more. This is a ton of snow for us. We have been fortunate, we have never been without power or had any home damage, counting our blessings!

We live in the country with a long gravel driveway-needless to say minivans don't do well in 2' tall snowdrifts. Our oldest son will be going to school until July if this doesn't stop. DH and I leave for WDW for a nice long adult weekend in 11 days. We are hoping for at least 60 degrees and sunny-we know the weather has also been very hard on our southern neighbors.

Good luck to all of you!:mickey: