PDA

View Full Version : Pool/Water Slides for kids

johnw
02-10-2010, 06:32 AM
:mickey: At which hotel at Disney has the most water slides without going to the big water park? We have the vacation dvd but some hotels do not have any and from seeing the video some have just one. Thanks. John

wmdaddy
02-10-2010, 08:29 AM
I don't think any resort pool has more than 1 waterside. The biggest and best pool area is at the Yacht and Beach Club. All the Deluxe and Moderate resorts have a water slide. The Values do not. Only guests of the resort are allowed to swim in that resort's pool.

disneyluva
02-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Stayed at Beach Club last Easter. Big water slide for big kids, small water slide for small kids, great kiddie wading pool (sand bottomed), lazy river, and several regular pools.

javamama
02-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Yacht and Beach has the Stormalong Bay area which is great! It's a waterpark area without going to one, not on the scheme of BB or TL but it's great. We walked around it last year when we ate at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Google it to fine out more details.

buzznwoodysmom
02-10-2010, 11:24 AM
We stayed at the Beach Club in November and my kids loved the pool. Nice big waterslide for older kids, a smaller waterslide for the little ones (however, the small waterslide is not near the main pool, but across the sidewalk), a nice lazy river, and a sand bottom area that's great for little kids. My only problem was that everything was so spread out. If you are going with kids of varying ages it would be hard to please them all while being able to keep a close eye on them. My kids are old enough to walk to the slide by themselves and they are both strong swimmers, but I didn't like how spread out everything was.

Last June we stayed at CBR and my kids actually had more fun at that pool. There is a nice slide that turned and twisted a bit. It was wild enough for my kids. Then there was a shorter, tamer slide that just went straight. There was also a huge pirate ship soft wet play area complete with several small slides, a tipping water bucket, and lots of fun to be had. The pirate ship would make a great place for the smaller ones to play. The whole pool area was much better set up to keep an eye on your kids than the pool at BC. The whole pool area at CBR was pirate themed, the main pool like a pirate fort and the kiddie area a pirate ship.

We prefered the accomodations at BC, but if your going for the funnest pool my kids and my nephews, ages 13, 9, 7 and 7, would pick the CBR's pool.