PDA

View Full Version : DVC calling me at home?

Goofy4TheWorld
02-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Last Monday I got an email offering to send me a free DVD on the DVC. Even though I am fairly certain DVC is not for me, I went ahead and signed up to get the DVD Tuesday night. Wednesday morning I receive a confirmation email saying your DVD is on the way, and gave a number to call if I had any questions.

Wednesday around noon I got a call from "Disney Vac Club" 407-566-3100 with no message left on the machine. I got another one yesterday, again no message (we are both at work at noon on a weekday).

While I am sure it is just to hound me to buy-buy-buy, I was curious if anyone else out there has had a similar experience with getting phone calls from DVC right after signing up for the DVD? It's killing me wondering what they were going to say! :blush: I don't get why they would call knowing that I have not even got the DVD yet. Don't they realize that if someone has any chance of affording DVC, that they probably have to be gone to work at noon on a weekday. I am really surprised they haven't called at dinner time.

Just curious....

faline
02-09-2010, 06:54 PM
I've never found DVC folks to be overly pushy though I, too, have gotten calls at home from DVC reps.

Ian
02-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Honestly ... here's the deal ... it all depends on the rep. We were so fortunate to get Ricardo as our rep as he is just a flat-out superstar, but I know some others who have drawn a short straw and gotten a typical salesperson as their rep and they've been hounded and pushed and bullied.

Not surprisingly, most of them ended up not buying.

When you order a DVD you become a lead and, as a lead, you get assigned to a rep for follow-up. Most reps (if they're smart) will wait two to three weeks to give you time to get the DVD, watch it, perhaps build up an interest, and then they'll call you. I guess new ones or ones that are desperate for sales (or maybe not so smart) sometimes call right away.

Honestly, if you get the DVD and watch it and decide you want to learn more (which I highly recommend) call and ask to speak with Ricardo. Tell him I sent you. Trust me ... he'll take great care of you. He's not pushy one bit and he firmly believes that DVC sells itself. He'll present you with the facts (the real facts) of the program and let you decide for yourself. To give you some perspective, we originally spoke with Ricardo in 2001. He followed up with us once or twice and when we explained it wasn't the right time for us he said, "Call me if you ever change your minds."

In 2007 we changed our minds, met with him, and now own at both SSR and BLT. Ricardo was there and took amazing care of us from start to finish.

chefmickey3
02-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Ian,

That is almost our story too! Our rep is Nancy Gray (new last name). We spoke with her what seems like many years ago but it was not the right time for us. We purchased over the phone SSR in 2007 and added on BLT last summer! I feel like she is a member of our family. When we stay at SSR we stop over and say hi! Give the reps a chance! If you have a chance to tour the models when you are in the World (it takes a couple of hours), they make it worth your while! You can ask for Nancy as well because she is great!

Joannelet
02-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Ours is Judy Kaufman. We love her so much we actually went one year just to meet her :)
She is wonderful!!! And has helped us with so much!!!!

SBETigg
02-09-2010, 08:40 PM
I don't own at DVC, but I have expressed interest and I have been called at home. It was Ricardo, actually. And he was very pleasant, not pushy at all. We talked briefly. I told him that I was interested, but not ready to buy. He never pushed at all. In fact, I told him that I might be interested in the future when AKL's DVC opened- he called back at that time, same thing, no pressure. I was thinking maybe when BLT opened. Yes, he called again then, but again I was not ready. We have always had nice talks, and I opened the door for him to check in with me. Otherwise, I don't think he would have. I wouldn't worry about answering the phone to DVC.

DVC2004
02-10-2010, 08:31 AM
I think you're reading into it a little too much- no offense. You're getting a promotional DVD, so like anyplace else they are going to call and follow up. Of course they'd rather speak with you then leave a message. Chances are it's a tele-sales rep who is going to tell you a few things (It's time share, deeded real estate, it starts at x -thousand dollars) then transfer you to a sales guide for more info. You don't have to talk to them if you don't want to, or you can call them directly once you viewed the DVD if you want. They work the same hours as everyone else so yes, they call during the day and maybe occiasionally in the evening. :mickey:

Dyanna
02-10-2010, 11:08 AM
If your ever in the NY LI area & head to Roosevelt Field Mall to the Doorway to Dreams store I would absolutely recommend that you see Sherod Kelly. He was amazing as out DVC sales rep when we bought this past Nov.

kakn7294
02-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Last year, I requested the DVC kit and have gotten 3 or so phone calls from my friend's DVC rep Glen Wilson. He was a tiny bit pushy at first but when I told him I wasn't sure DVC was for me and it wasn't something I wanted to spend money on at the time given the uncertainty of my DH's job, he did give up easily enough. I still get mailings and e-mails from DVC though although I don't mind that at all.

TheDuckRocks
02-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Chiming in as another DVCer who can not say enough for my completely non-pushy rep Randy, what a gem! He did give me a call before we received the DVD to let me know it was on it's way and that he had been assigned to us and if we had any questions at all after seeing the DVD to give him a call.
Got the DVD, viewed it, put the whole idea on the back burner as probably not for us. Found out that as a real estate holding membership is inheritable, could be workable for us. Thought about buying resell elsewhere.
Heard that we could buy resell direct from Disney and called Randy in August, who walked us through the whole process over the phone.
After a trip to Hilton Head in Oct. we gave Randy a second call last month and have now purchased points there.
During all of this at no time did we ever feel high pressured into a sale.

kakn7294
02-10-2010, 04:16 PM
I just wanted to clarify my post a bit - I don't want to paint Glen in a bad light. Glen's first phone call was to introduce himself, tell me that they got my request for the DVD, and explain what would happen next, including a follow-up phone call after we had time to review the info in the packet. The next call was a few days or so after I got the DVD kit - this is the one where he made his "pitch" which was actually fairly soft. He basically re-presented the facts of the kit, went over what the costs, and we talked about why it would or wouldn't work for my family. The third phone call was sometime after that - probably a month or so - just to see if we had any additional questions (or a change of heart ;)) after having some time to think it over more. Other than e-mails with "special offers" and such, I haven't heard from him since. He only asked that if we do change our mind, we contact him for the sale.

MinnieMommie
02-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Michelle is our guide and I always tease her that I wish she had been even a tiny bit pushy because we waited so long to buy into DVC and so wish we had purchased sooner. She continues to be so laid back. Never imposes on us in any way. She is great.

I wouldn't worry about being pushed or hounded by DVC. It is not the style they use. They present the facts and then let you decide when you are ready. DVC is a great product and like others have said it really does sell itself. :mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
02-13-2010, 10:34 PM
TheDuckRocks hit the nail on the head. I was just curious if anyone else had gotten a call before getting the DVD. I don't mind DVC calling me at all, I don't even mind a pushy sales rep, I can handle that just fine. I was just curious if anyone else had gotten calls so soon after requesting the DVD.

I have not gotten any more calls from DVC, which is actually disappointing, because I wanted to hear their pitch!

Thanks to everyone for your input. I will be sure to name-check whoever my rep is once he/she calls when I am not at work.

crltkcagle
02-14-2010, 09:31 AM
I keep getting calls from a company who wants to purchase my DVC property! I keep telling them we unfortunately are not DVC members to quit calling me but they call about three times a week!