PDA

View Full Version : WDW With Beach Day

Disney Doll
02-09-2010, 04:34 PM
We are planning our next trip for late Sept. and would like to take a day to drive to a nearby beach. Any recommendations? We've never planned a beach day before. We're staying on property and want something fairly close.

olivegirl
02-09-2010, 06:05 PM
We visit Disney twice a year and each time we plan a beach day! We rent a rental car right on Disney property. The beach we LOVE is Clearwater beach Florida!!:cloud9: It is about 90 or so minutes away! We are usually up at the "crack of dawn" to beat the traffic. Once there it is so beautiful and relaxing! It is on the Gulf side so no wave action! BUT my DD snorkels and just loves it! Also the dolphins come in pretty close which is awesome!!! The sand is just like white powder!!! We usually park at the HIlton and pay about $12 but to us it is well worth it. You are right there on the beach and showers and restrooms are right there also. After our day on the beach we eat at Frenchis and take a long walk along the beach. To end the day we sit an watch the BEAUTIFUL sunset!!! Each and every time we visit there we have the BEST time!! :thumbsup:

faline
02-09-2010, 06:13 PM
You might find this helpful. (http://intercot.com/infocentral/beyond/florida_beaches.asp)

caryrae
02-09-2010, 06:22 PM
We always love going to Cocoa Beach and just recently last trip we tried New Smyrna Beach and that was nice too. For an extra charge you can drive onto the beach and park but we found a lot right behind the beach that was free. They also had trailers that had food and drinks you could buy right on the beach too.

princess0511
02-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Cocoa beach is great. We drove there last May. we got to see the space shuttle take off from the beach. The beach was very clean! We rented an umbrella and Chairs. Ron Jon surf shop is within walking distance. Our son had a great time. He was almost 2 years old.

princess0511
02-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Also it was not that far from Disney. We stayed at the Pop century and I think it was just a little over an hour.

Tink#64
02-10-2010, 12:55 AM
Cocoa Beach! :thumbsup: We've never done a beach day but what a fantastic idea! We have done a week at WDW and then went to the beach for a couple of days & that was fantastic! We went to Cocoa Beach! I picked it because it seemed to be the closest! It's an easy one hour drive. It's quiet & very relaxing.

Good luck on choosing. I'm curious to see all of your responses. :mickey: