PDA

View Full Version : Staying On Proptery - DISCOUNTED Photopass????

vester
02-09-2010, 03:08 PM
I have heard rumor that if you stay on Disney Property then you get a discount o the Photopass - somethin is mailed or emailed to you before your trip?

Does anyone have any experience with this and how much the discount might be?

Also, we are staying off property for 7 nights and then 3 on, so can we start to use the discount pass before we stay on property?

Thanks!
Vester

CleveRocks
02-09-2010, 03:13 PM
There might be something like you get one free 5 x 7 print or something like that as part of a PACKAGE (as opposed to a room-only reservation), but there are no promotions for a percentage off your total PhotoPass purchase that I've heard of. Several years ago, I enjoyed a percentage-off discount, but it was availabel to the public and had nothing at all to do with the fact that I stayed at a Disney resort.

faline
02-09-2010, 03:25 PM
There is a process to pre-order your photopass cd at a discounted price. Those who have made their reservations directly through Disney will receive the information 1-1/2 weeks or so before they leave. Those who have made their reservations through a travel agent have a little more difficult time to get this information. More information here. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=166280&highlight=photopass+pre+purchase)

EeyoresBestFriend
02-09-2010, 03:55 PM
When we booked our Disney pkg in Dec, I had been told about an offer with it ( in the package that was sent). I was unsure how it worked and so I called the Photopass people.

I was told by the Photopass service person that the discount was valid if you created an account with them 45 days PRIOR to your first photopass picture. :confused: I was looking at my date being less than two weeks away. Fortunately, I had an account from my last trip. I was told that when I returned I would have access to discounts. I never got any from them when I returned, and thankfully, I had a MVMCP photopass that allowed me a 40% discount on my first order from Photopass, so all worked out alright.

From what I experienced ~ the package coupon was rather pointless. Maybe they have fixed it since then . . . .