PDA

View Full Version : Disney insurance

almccart
02-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Wondering if it is worth me getting disney insurance. We will be driving to Disney. If I cancel trip what would I loose. Would it just be the deposit?

Ms. Mode
02-09-2010, 02:32 PM
You know we ask ourselves this question before booking every trip. The answer always seems to be "yes". We travel by car, we book the trip very far in advance (even though Disney lets you cancel upto 45 days in advance..what about a month before the trip..ya know?) Also, when we were scheduling hurricane season the weather was a factor.

Now days we wonder if we want to spend the extra money...because we've never used the insurance; but isn't that what insurance is all about :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Depends on what you bok and when you cancel.

I never get insurance, I've saved enough by now that if I lose everything on an upcoming vacation, I'm still ahead of the curve.

KarenP
02-09-2010, 04:06 PM
On packages, from 44-7 days, the cancellation penalty is $100.00. 6 days or less is $200.00 penalty.

gerald72
02-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I never get the insurance. The cancellation penalty is only slightly more than the price of insurance.
I asked Disney once why I should pay for insurance. They said it covers things like they will replace my camera if I break it. Yeah, I can really see that happening.

Disneyatic
02-11-2010, 11:05 PM
I think the insurance can be worth it if you book airfare through Disney and then have to make a change.
Then the insurance covers cancellation/transfer costs and things like that if they are needed.