PDA

View Full Version : Disney cruise or parks?

poohbear07
02-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I have a four yrd son which will be his first trip with disney which one would be better for myself my husband and him?

WRWDisney
02-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Personally, I think you have to walk before you swim. To fully appreciate the cruise and the characters, I think your little one needs to see "where they live". Why not look at doing the cruise/park combo. With a little one that age, I would look at booking 3-5 days in the parks followed by a 3, 4 or 7 day cruise. Remember, that even if the cruise website will not let you book them together as a package because you want to do the park first, you can still book both components seperately (and probably save some money). I always recommend doing the cruise at the end (more relaxing).

No matter what, have fun planning and have a great trip:mickey:

Lakin
02-09-2010, 02:27 PM
I think that there would be more for you and your 4 year old to do at the parks. Just my opinion, though.

JabberJaws
02-09-2010, 03:08 PM
I think if you are torn that a good way to approach it would be to do a "Land and Sea" vacation. You do 3 or 4 days at the parks, and a 4 or 3-day Bahama cruise. I would do the parks first, then the cruise. For one, that way you can get the full-on Disney experience at the parks, which would segway into the more subtle Disney-ness of the cruise. Also, you get the hectic, go go go atmosphere of the parks, balanced with the relaxation of the cruise.

Disney has some great and relatively affordable Land and Sea packages where they will even provide transportation to and from the airport, etc. I would at least look into this option if I were you.

That way, you can get the best of both worlds as I think both have a LOT to offer.

btharvey
02-09-2010, 04:07 PM
I think that the young one will enjoy both ... especially if the young one likes to play in water features, wading pools, and so on. And the characters are there, no problem, both places. And if the young one likes to play on the beach the cruise is great! Traipsing around the Bahamas could be great too!

We all know the good parts of the parks ... I'd just hate to see someone try to do it all and suddenly be attacked by the screaming nap time!!! If you're waiting in line for Pooh and that happens, how long does it take you to get back to your resort?

Not that long to take the elevator down to your deck and sack out.

And think of the free ice cream!!!!!!!!!!