PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa

almccart
02-08-2010, 09:51 PM
We just made reservations for ssr. What is the best building to stay in?? I will have a 3 year old with me. I was thinking the Grandstand side?
I liked this side bc it has somewhat a view and more things to do. What do you all think?? :mickey:

mrskooting
02-08-2010, 11:15 PM
i need help regarding SSR too! i have 3 kids, 7, 5, 3..... and based from what i read here, saratoga is quite far(?) and waiting on bus stop is horrible. is this true? we're planning on booking the treehouse villa..... comments? suggestions? thanks...:confused:

DizneyRox
02-09-2010, 04:06 AM
i need help regarding SSR too! i have 3 kids, 7, 5, 3..... and based from what i read here, saratoga is quite far(?) and waiting on bus stop is horrible. is this true? we're planning on booking the treehouse villa..... comments? suggestions? thanks...:confused:
Yep, based on my experiences, it's true. Also, I've heard that the Treehouses are a dual bus trip. One from the Treehouses to the main area then another bus from there to where you want to go.

NH Disneyfan
02-09-2010, 06:07 AM
Just spent 10 days at SSR in January and we really loved it! Great resort! However, we feel we scored the best room on property, so that probably had something to do with it.

The treehouse villas are very distant from the main resort. There is a pool there and walking trails to the main resort, but no dining or immediate bus service to the parks. Bus service goes from 2 stops at the tree houses to The Springs and you can board park busses there.

We stayed in The Springs, middle of 3 buildings closest to the bus stop and pool. It was a 30 second walk to the bus stop, 40 second walk to the pool area. I would stay in this location if given the choice.

I can answer a lot of questions. Note, The Paddock is having a pool upgrade done this spring. I don't know how long it will last, but that quiet pool is being turned into a large themed pool. Construction is something to consider for a bit.

Stay in The Springs!

Julie_Mouse
02-09-2010, 02:34 PM
We booked SSR as well :mickey:

When are you going? We will be there May 9-16.

Unfortunately, I've heard the same things as you about the buses (SLOW), but I'm pretty excited about DTD being walking distance, the theming and the pools.

Are you staying in a studio or a villa? We also requested a room in Grandstand because I read that it is the first stop on the way to the parks (better chance of getting on a bus :D) and the first stop on the way home (first people off the bus :D:D), plus the pool theming looked pretty neat.

I would be interested in any info from past SSR-ers about where the SSR bus stops are located at the parks - are they quite far from the park exit?

Ian
02-09-2010, 03:17 PM
i need help regarding SSR too! i have 3 kids, 7, 5, 3..... and based from what i read here, saratoga is quite far(?) and waiting on bus stop is horrible. is this true? we're planning on booking the treehouse villa..... comments? suggestions? thanks...:confused:It's not far ... that's a myth. Look at a map and you'll see it's about 100 yards further up the road from Riverside, French Quarter, Old Key West ... no one ever complains about how far they are from anywhere.

Also, if you take the back road by Ft. Wilderness to get to Magic Kingdom, SSR is actually closer to MK that a lot of the other resorts are.

We own at SSR and love it. We've stayed there four or five times and have never had a bad experience (well ... one bad experience, but that was a CM's fault not the resorts).

almccart
02-09-2010, 04:38 PM
We are staying there May 2-7. We are staying in a villa. We want the best place for all of us. We will have a 3 year old with us. There will also be 5 adults, so having adult amenities close would be nice.:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
02-10-2010, 10:05 AM
We've stayed at SSR three times - and each time in a different location. Here's out take...

First Trip - The Springs
The resort was still under construction at the time, so my assessment wouldn't be fair. However, this is the place to stay if you want to be close to the center of the resort.

Second Trip - The Grandstand
Good location in regards to distance to main part of the resort, first bus stop - our building (the furthest from everything) had great views of the golf course.

Third Trip - Treehouse Villas
Wonderful accomodations, very removed from everything, walking distance to everything depending on your villa location.

While the THV were difficult (at times) with transportation, we have never had a problem with buses at SSR. I feel this point is highly over-rated, and people beat upon the busing because it just takes a while to get from one place to another. Plan accordingly and you should be fine. In my experiences, SSR buses are much better than the buses at the AKL and OKW. In fact, we've had more busing problems at BWV than at SSR, and I love the BWV!

BTW - Congress Park has long been the most popular area of the resort for the views of DTD and the water. It's not too far a walk to the main drag of the resort, but many people choose to jump on a bus to ride to the last stop (adjacent to the main pool).

Duchess99
02-10-2010, 11:54 AM
I don't remember our room number, but we stayed in a studio in the low 5000 section of Paddock. It was great! We had a view of the water, we were close to 2 bus stops and the walk to the main building wasn't too bad. Just a short stroll over the bridge. Also, Artist's Palette is great for breakfast.
We really like SSR. Our last trip we stayed at AKL and we missed some of the features of SSR.
I think you'll really enjoy it.

jensantuit
02-10-2010, 02:01 PM
We stayed at Saratoga Springs in September, I requested The Springs section. This was great for us, there were 4 adults and 4 children ages 3 and 5. I wanted to be close to the main pool. This was a great location for us. I can not comment on how the busses ran, we actually rented a car for the first time. But I do know that the bus stop was not a long walk because we would pass it when we went to the pool. I hope this helps. :mickey: