PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for World of Color?

MegaDisney
02-08-2010, 12:31 PM
From the OC Register:

The debut of a new light-and-water show at Disney’s California Adventure is scheduled for later this spring, but Disney is already trying to figure out how it will deal with expected massive crowds.

One idea is to distribute tickets for entrance to a 9,000-person viewing area to see World of Color.

Suzi Brown, a Disneyland Resort spokeswoman, said Disney officials already predict the show will be “extremely popular,” so they are considering various ways to address crowding.

A ticket program is “one of many different options being explored,” she said.

World of Color will feature images of Disney cartoons projected on a 19,000-square-foot water screen and fountains that squirt up to 200 feet from Paradise Bay.

The Showpass would be similar to the Fastpass system for rides.

Each visitor could pick up a Showpass at a Fastpass distribution site. The ticket then could be used to gain entrance to the standing-room-only viewing area, which is now under construction on the north side of Paradise Bay. Visitors would be let in to the area sometime before the nightly show.

Because there would be a limited number of Showpasses, some guests would have to search for other spots to watch the show, possibly behind the show on the south side of the bay.

The idea is to prevent people from setting up camp in the amphitheater area all day. But it might not help annual passholders, who often come to the park late in the day when the tickets likely would be gone.

Brown said no decisions have been made.

Workers are scheduled to program the water-and-light show next month. A debut date for the show has yet to be scheduled, but Disney fan sites predict it will start in April.

Melanie
02-08-2010, 02:52 PM
They have to do something similar to this at Tokyo Disney for some of their shows. Crazy!

BrerGnat
02-08-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm glad they are being proactive with this. I think their concern about people camping out is very real. I think they should consider allocating tickets every hour. Just a set number per hour to help with park hoppers and later arriving AP holders. This article mentions the standing room only area. What about the stadium bleacher seating? Any mention of how that will work?

I am seeing this show! Even if that means being there at opening to get a ticket and then coming back later.

robnadina
02-09-2010, 12:51 PM
This is an interesting idea. We have all seen how chaotic it can be at Fantasmic. CA did something similar with Alladdin a few years back. Disney is going to make a mint on selling Priority seat packages.
I am not missing this show and it was one of the main reasons we renewed our passes this year. I too will get there early and come back if I need to.

MegaDisney
02-10-2010, 02:51 PM
I think this is a great idea.

I hope it works well and can be put into place for Fantasmic too.

BTW I bet they will make a killing on "premium viewing" sales.

9,000-person viewing area to see World of Color.

Am I the only one that is amazed that they plan on fitting nearly 10,00 people in the viewing amphitheatre?

robnadina
02-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Am I the only one that is amazed that they plan on fitting nearly 10,00 people in the viewing amphitheatre?

I dont ever think I have been at CA when there has been 10,000 people there.

2Epcot
02-13-2010, 10:29 PM
I am seeing this show! Even if that means being there at opening to get a ticket and then coming back later.

I will probably do the same thing if this ShowPass becomes the procedure. I wlll go early and get a showpass than probably come back in the evening.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
02-17-2010, 03:06 PM
I think (like others) that they should only offer so many tickets per hour.

Don't think it should lean more heavily towards AP or daytrippers. Should be handled fairly. I even don't think they should do AP previews. (This coming from an AP cardholder) This show is going to be extremely popular. Everyone wants to see it and everyone should have a fair opportunity to see it.

From the glimpses I have seen already, it is going to wow people beyond compare to anything.

:smickey: