PDA

View Full Version : Happy 9th Anniversary California Adventure!

MegaDisney
02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Today marks the 9th Anniversary of DCA.

What are your fond memories of the last 9 years?

For me it would be AP Preview Days. After what seemed like an eternity watching construction we finally got to see and experience the park.

I have always enjoyed DCA and I look forward to the completion of the expansion!

What about you? Any memories? Fond or not-so-fond?

NotaGeek
02-08-2010, 01:53 PM
I have loved DCA since the first time I walked into the front gates with my BFF ... the park is very special and I am super excited to see the new look in a couple of years! I do miss Corn Dog Castle, and hope they find a way to bring back the mighty little food stand.

My favorite memory is the 1st time I rode Soarin' and the only words I could come up with is "Now THAT was Disney Magic!".

Happy Birthday DCA!

Melanie
02-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I love DCA and have always loved DCA. I'm excited for the changes, but a little sad at the same time knowing the next time I go it won't at all be the DCA I remember.

Some of my favorite times have been spent at the Cove Bar. :beer:

Happy 9th DCA!!! :party:

Disney4us2
02-08-2010, 06:49 PM
The first time I went to DCA I was not that impressed. It seemed to lack that magic that I got from Disneyland.

The park grew on me more as my DD got older and I was able to do more attractions with her.

One of the things I miss was when they took Blast out of the Hyperion Theater. That group was great. Now I will miss the Aladdin show.

I loved the AP preview party for Bugs Land. DD loved going on the attractions there with the exception of the bumper cars, she was too small at that time.

This year we really missed Santa's Beach Blast.

Now we love DCA. Can't wait to see all the new attractions, shows etc.

Happy 9 years DCA!

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
02-17-2010, 03:01 PM
My favorite was preview days. Hands down.
The park was full of potential and the negativity just wasn't there.

I still love DCA. Great escape from the stoller parking next door.

I am all about traditions and unfortunately every time I try to restart one at the resort they demolish or change what was there.

So for now everytime I go to the resort I think about the Monorail Cafe which is where the traditions began.

Excited about the future of DCA but primarily from Carsland.

Give me E-tickets please!?!?!

:smickey:

LibertyTreeGal
03-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Oh my gosh -- for me CA is all about one thing

BREAD BOWL SALADS AT PACIFIC WHARF! :cloud9:

We eat breakfast and dinner in our pop up but always eat lunch at CA.

tinkwest
03-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I love DCA.

Was thrilled to be part of a test group on Tower of Terror. Getting to ride (3 times in a row) before it was open to the public was very special.

I can't help myself . . . I always clap at the end of Soarin'.

California Screamin' is always fun IF the music is playing. Still fun but just not quite the same sans music.

The Cove Bar is my favorite place to relax.

And on, and on, and on.

Fireball
03-27-2010, 02:06 AM
When DCA first opened, I did not like it, echoing the sentiments of most Disney fans. It was built on the "very" cheap, and it showed. Eisner was a jerk; Pressler was the ultimate "goof" to him; and Harriss showed her true colors in the end.

There's a huge reason for why this rehab is costing them $1 billion, and why the park is becoming a lot more Disneyfied.

Thank the lord that they took down that purple dinosaur! One of the resorts greatest moves.