PDA

View Full Version : Figaro the Cat is back in the World - part 8

dlpmikki
02-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Monday 1st February
The humans are awake early again so we decide to take advantage of it and go to the Animal Kingdom for the Extra Magic Hour. It is quite fun to go to a Disney park for the morning Magic Hour if (like us today) you are not bothered about the popular ride. You don’t quite have the rest of the park to yourself but there are times when it feels like it.
We arrive alone to the “Dinosaur” pre-show and only one other party has joined us by the time we board the rover. There are only a couple of groups coming down the steps when our rover returns so we decide the cast are a little strict by refusing a second ride through.
Instead the humans have a quiet breakfast at Pizzafari. We see characters arrive outside and I get pictures with Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit (a new one for me).

We go to Camp Minnie Mickey where a nice cast member recognises me. Yes, I mean me, not my character. She advises us to be back at 10. o’ clock to meet other new characters: Thumper and Miss Bunny.

At 10.00 am we are back at the character trails and we are the only party to go up the first one. We wait under the shelter and guess what? Mickey Mouse comes to see us specially. Another party also arrives and the humans take pictures of each other until a Disney photographer and character “minder” arrive. Gosh, that was special. We go up the next trail (“Forest Friends”) and it has started to rain. Thumper and Miss Bunny arrive carrying umbrellas and we get pictures. Their “minder” says it would be nice to see Figaro in the parks. Isn’t this fun! In the final trail, Goofy goofs about with me a little but he is gentle really.

We leave the park having achieved more than we set out to do. My humans decide it is time to visit the Prime shopping outlets and look round more of the shops there. I forget to remind them to take the umbrella out of the car and they get rather wet, especially Mikki who comes back to the car for the umbrella. They manage not to buy anything this trip.
After another rest in the afternoon they go to Downtown Disney and eat at Puck Express and look round the shops.

Tuesday 2nd February
Today we all go into the Magic Kingdom. It is not raining as we get the bus but it is pouring when we get off. I am safe in my kitty carriage but even the umbrella is not enough to keep the humans completely dry so they shelter under the ferry terminal. Quite quickly the rain lightens and we head into the Magic Kingdom. It may be the rain or a Tuesday but it is not at all busy.

I have given the humans a list of where I want to go, Pirates, Snow White and Pooh, so naturally our first stop is – Buzz Lightyear. Mikki comes out pleased with a score of 685,000. She has been studying tips about where the high score targets are.

We approach Pooh thinking of getting a Fast Pass but find there is no line anyway and ride it now. We do the same for Snow White and even Peter Pan. Having a boat almost to ourselves on It’s a small World is not quite such a surprise. It is not a surprise, but it is a continuing wonder of the Magic Kingdom that people (not us) continue to ride Dumbo and Aladdin’s Magic Carpets in the rain! Our only disappointment is that Pirates of the Caribbean is not operating due to technical problems.

We also walk straight into Tony’s Town Square Restaurant for lunch. The humans have not eaten here for years and think the menu has improved. I get my picture taken. We have all had another enjoyable morning so it is time to go back to the room for a break before heading into Epcot to meet some friends.

We have been lucky with buses heading to the parks this trip. This afternoon was no exception. We arrive at the stop and within a minute an Epcot bus rolls in. Yet again we have the bus to ourselves. The evening sun on Spaceship Earth is very pretty so Mikki insists we stop for a Photopass picture and takes some of her own too. She also likes the night shots she takes outside the Mexico pyramid and hopes that the photopass with France lit up in the background comes out nicely too.

They are a little early for their meet so decide to go to World Showcase and Mexico and see Donald and friends on their ride. On the way Mikki spys some light up Mickey Ears and has to buy some. She is wearing them when they get to the ride and the CMs think they are excellent and award her with a couple of stickers. The ride is cute as usual. They then wander around past Canada and the UK. When they get to France they head off to check the menu at Bistro de Paris as they think Mikki’s sister might like that in October. The menu looks so good they walk in to see if they can get a table for the next evening. They can!

They arrive at the meeting spot just before their friends and sit down to have a chat over a glass of wine. After those friends move on they move over and join the Owners Locker Group and have a pleasant evening chatting and then finish off with a great view of Illuminations.

faline
02-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Figaro, you got lots of wonderful attention from the characters! What fun for you and your humans!

Being able to walk right on all the rides is always such a nice bonus!

SBETigg
02-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Good times. You're seeing so much and getting lots done.

offwego
02-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Sounds as if that bit of rain really paid off in low crowds. Love to hear that you were having such a good time being treated as the celebrity you are.:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
02-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Your travels around WDW sound very relaxed, yet you're covering a great deal of ground! I have to say though, I don't quite understand Figaro..is this a person, a cat, a toy? Why am I the only one who doesn't' seem to "get it"? Please help me understand!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-08-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm sorry about the rain, but it does keep the crowds down, doesn't it?

Your special time with Mickey sounds really cool, glad you enjoyed it :mickey:

dlpmikki
02-09-2010, 02:25 AM
Figaro only introduced himself in part one - bad kitty! Figaro is a toy cat. If you find an old games thread 'Where's Figaro' you will see some pictures of him. I suspect he may appear in one or two of the trip ones when I get them up!

In Disney terms Figaro the cat first appeared as belonging to Gepetto in Pinocchio. He later appeared in a number of shorts as Minnie Mouse's cat.

mouseketeer mom
02-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Figaro only introduced himself in part one - bad kitty! Figaro is a toy cat. If you find an old games thread 'Where's Figaro' you will see some pictures of him. I suspect he may appear in one or two of the trip ones when I get them up!

In Disney terms Figaro the cat first appeared as belonging to Gepetto in Pinocchio. He later appeared in a number of shorts as Minnie Mouse's cat.

Thank you!!:)

pdrlkr
02-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon:

vizsla
02-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
02-16-2010, 10:43 AM
another nice couple of days!!
your magic kingdom visit sounds awesome with it being so empty!! :mickey: