PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Starwars weekends at WDW???

forever a child
02-08-2010, 10:54 AM
What are the Starwars weekends like? Do you like them or not? What are some fun things to do during those weekends?

Thanks!:mickey:

lightyearfan
02-08-2010, 12:11 PM
these weekends are fantastic, me and dw have been to the last 3 and they're super fun. from the moment you walk in with the strom troopers ontop of the entrance talking down to at ya then they pipe in star wars music and sound effects all over the park, they have a special parade and they have various stage shows with the guest stars that are there if your a star wars fan this is a must do

Victor

forever a child
02-08-2010, 12:21 PM
these weekends are fantastic, me and dw have been to the last 3 and they're super fun. from the moment you walk in with the strom troopers ontop of the entrance talking down to at ya then they pipe in star wars music and sound effects all over the park, they have a special parade and they have various stage shows with the guest stars that are there if your a star wars fan this is a must do

Victor

Sounds like fun. Is it in just happening at HS or are they at all 4 parks? DD is a Sci Fi Fan!:yoda:

faline
02-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Only the Studios.

forever a child
02-08-2010, 12:41 PM
How are the crowds for opening weekend? I am considering moving our trip date back a weekend to be there for the first SW weekend and wondering if it will be more crowed then and it it worth it! Plus it adds one more week to wait before our trip! :(

lightyearfan
02-09-2010, 10:48 AM
How are the crowds for opening weekend? I am considering moving our trip date back a weekend to be there for the first SW weekend and wondering if it will be more crowed then and it it worth it! Plus it adds one more week to wait before our trip! :(

Every weekend is busy so it's just a pick and choose, they do list the actors that are there for the different weekends so perhaps you can pick that way, we've gone once in the first weekend and twice during the second and it was busy both weekends, remember that allot of star wars fans go just to the studios for all 3 days each weekend, mix that in with the rest of the masses who are there to do wdw vacation and you'll have a big crowd. you'll still have a blast despite the big crowds

victor

LVT
02-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Busy. We were all adults so there was not the problem of disappointment if a character was missed or one is left un-chosen. For the rest, there are lots of costumed characters mingling with the audience and lots of costumed visitors in spite of the heat. I had a lot of fun with the parade and the Hoopla stage party. I took load of photos. Star Wars weekends are mostly on 1 side of the park, ToT and Rockin-Roller coaster are not included.

forever a child
02-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Thanks everyone for their posts. It sounds sort of fun. I am not a SW fan, but my DD is and now with a couple of snow days probably delaying our date of when school gets out (in May) we will probably be making the change for that first weekend!:yoda: