PDA

View Full Version : most romantic thing ever done for you

Tiggerlovr9000
02-08-2010, 09:15 AM
With Valentines day only a few days away I am wanting to ask what is the most romantic thing that was ever done for you?
For me it was one day when I was at work and called home for some IBprofren. When my dd brought it to me all of the pills were broken in half. I asked my dd why and she said dad did it because he knows you have a hard time swallowing them whole. WOW!! It just made me cry that he would be so thoughtful. We have been married for 26 years and this was better then all the flowers, jewelry etc.
But after thinking about it, he has been that way all along even when I dont deserve it. :blush: So on this Valentines I am so very greatful to have him in my life. Thanks everyone. I cant wait to read your stories.

Ms. Mode
02-08-2010, 09:48 AM
I loved reading your story...so sweet.

My DH is always doing little things, but I think the best was last August when he asked me if I wanted to go to WDW for our 20th Ann. after we had decided we couldn't afford the trip that year. We had a wonderful time! He even wore the button the whole trip:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
02-08-2010, 10:24 AM
When I was first diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, I couldn't close my hands to hold either a hairbrush or a hairdryer (or a toothbrush or a fork or anything else for that matter....). My DH told me that he would get up and try to do my hair for me every morning.

It's the sweetest thing he's ever said to me (and we've been together FOREVER)... I did however, decline his offer, cuz I wasn't that desperate! ;)

jwildflower1981
02-08-2010, 10:48 AM
I used to be a bartender at a sports bar and came home late, tired and exhusted. One night after my shift I came home to find rose peatles from my doorway all the way to my bed and he made a big heart and spelled out I LOVE YOU with them.

The roses he did them with have a seprate story. I bought my 1st condo and on the back porch was this HUGE ugly pot with what looked like dead weeds in it. When I met my DH he came over one day and told me he thought it may have been roses at one time (my all time fav flower). I live right outside of New Orleans and Katrina wiped out my house. The ONLY thing that made it was this big ugly pot! My Dh took it to our new house gave it some TLC and now every year it blooms 100's of roses!!!

MNNHFLTX
02-08-2010, 11:15 AM
My husband does a lot of thoughtful little things for me every day, but as far as romantic gestures one memory stands out in particular. He knows that I am a pretty low-key person about special occasions (I tease him that he lucked out with a wife that doesn't need or want a ton of jewelry or other high-ticket items). So one anniversary we went to our favorite Chinese restaurant and when they brought out the fortune cookies at the end they were each stuffed with a little note that relayed a special moment in our lives. Turns out he had typed them all up, stuffed them into the fortune cookies and secretly asked our server to give them to me at the appropriate time. That was so special to me! :heart:

Ian
02-08-2010, 11:24 AM
She said "I do."

DizNee143
02-08-2010, 12:46 PM
My husband does a lot of thoughtful little things for me every day, but as far as romantic gestures one memory stands out in particular. He knows that I am a pretty low-key person about special occasions (I tease him that he lucked out with a wife that doesn't need or want a ton of jewelry or other high-ticket items). So one anniversary we went to our favorite Chinese restaurant and when they brought out the fortune cookies at the end they were each stuffed with a little note that relayed a special moment in our lives. Turns out he had typed them all up, stuffed them into the fortune cookies and secretly asked our server to give them to me at the appropriate time. That was so special to me! :heart:

that is the cutest and sweetedt idea ever!!!
i dont think my hubby would ever be that creative..

Patricia
02-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Although there have been a few good ones, my room filled with 380 balloons for my 38th Birthday always comes to mind when that question is asked.

:balloon:

offwego
02-08-2010, 01:54 PM
My dh built me (for not apparent occasion) a shelf unit just for my shoes (dubbed the shoe palace). It has a number of shelves with height tiered to my highest heels (he measured) space at the top for boxes and at the bottom for purses. How thoughtful is that?:thumbsup:

Tiggerlovr9000
02-08-2010, 04:28 PM
I am loving all the replies. There are alot of creative people out there. It is also funny how everyones opinion of what is romantic is different. I can't wait to read more.

Tick-Tock
02-08-2010, 05:24 PM
When we were newly dating, instead of taking me out for Valentine's Day my now-DH built a cafe in his living room (actually made a whole little structure, put a table in it, and had one wall be a video screen for a rotating series of travel photos) and served a special homemade dinner. I had said that I wasn't interested in going out, but I sure wasn't expecting that!

DVC2004
02-09-2010, 08:43 AM
It doesn't sound very romatic, but my husband went all out once and bought me some very beautiful diamond stud earrings. I had been talking about them but I never expected to get some let alone the size bought me. I would never spend that much on something just for me, so it was very special. Another time, he attempted ot make me my favorite dessert-chocolate souffle. He never cooks or bakes. It did't turn out but he tried. It was nice that he wanted to do that for me.

crazypoohbear
02-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Waking up and getting a crying baby, feeding, changing and playing and singing to him while he let me sleep! then cooking breakfast for all of us.

princessgirls
02-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Fred's done some romantic things over the years...

Carriage ride in Central Park when he asked me to marry him.

Big Disney trip in March 2009 for my 40th Birthday, which did not turn out so great, as I got really sick :sick: with high fever and the works...
On the flight home, I was looking very sad and still very sick...Fred said to me. It's OK, I know it wasn't a great vacation for you, so we'll go again in December OK. That was a very sweet moment.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Julie:mickey:

Rekenna
02-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Waking up and getting a crying baby, feeding, changing and playing and singing to him while he let me sleep! then cooking breakfast for all of us.

My DH is this way as well, I am very blessed to have him, as is our 3 boys.

Hmmm, let me think...

When he put my Disney people on my back windshield for me while I was taking a nap.

When he bought me battery heated socks b/c I am always cold.

When he told me that he didn't care if our Autistic son lived with us forever (he's only 2, I was being a little dramatic at that time). He said, "That's fine, Adam can just go to Disney with us every year, it will just be the three of us."

When he almost broke down the door when I was having a spinal for our last baby and it took way too long.

When he sends me emails with love when he knows I am having a bad day.

He does so many special things every day I have forgotten way more than I could ever remember.

What lucky ducks we all are!:hug:

snowflakegirl
02-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Maybe it might not sound like the definition of "romantic" to some, but mine has become the little things that let me know he loves me the day to day...

I came home from work one day, and found my boyfriend installing a shelf next to my kitchen window with the plants he had brought over for me.

I work two jobs and got called in one Saturday early to my part time job. I was frustrated because I had planned to vacuum and wash the dishes before I left for work. My boyfriend (who does not live with me) knew I was frustrated, so he came back before I got out of work and vacuumed and did the dishes for me because he knew it would make me smile.

It's the things like that that he does specifically because he knows that they'll make me happy that I find to be the most romantic. Don't get me wrong, big gestures are fun too...But I prefer the little things.

pink
02-13-2010, 02:35 PM
A boyfriend once RAN to and from my house in an actual blizzard just to tell me he loved me, something straight out of a movie. I had no idea he was doing it. Not to mention, he lived a 10 minute drive away. That was back in high school before either one of us could drive, it is cute now when I think about it haha.

My current boyfriend always does the little things that I find romantic. Like one time when I was really sick and he brought me over all different kind of cold medicine and tissues without me asking. Or when he stocked his fridge with all drinks and food I like. Just dumb little things like that, that make me love him more.

As for romantic gestures I have done for someone else, last year for Valentine's Day I gave my DBF a small jar filled with 365 reasons why I loved him. He seemed to really like it and boy is it hard to think about 365 things. :mickey:

PirateLover
02-13-2010, 03:15 PM
One day a few years back, another girl and I were talking about the whole "Star Registry" thing and how nice it would be to have a star named after you. Our boyfriends started ragging on us, saying that the whole thing is a scam, nobody owns the stars, and it's just a moneymaking scheme. While this may be true, us ladies felt slightly offended by their lack of romanticism so to speak. Valentines day came shortly thereafter and what do I receive? A piece of paper with a hand drawn Sagittarius constellation (My sign) with an arrow pointing to one of the stars saying "Maryanne's Star," and stating that this star has been named after me in the "Morrison Star Registry" (His last name). I burst out laughing and I just thought it was a sweet, funny, and romantic moment, and really a great example of the type of relationship we have.
:heart:

MJessica
02-15-2010, 05:56 AM
I had a boyfriend once who was abroad for valentine's day, so he sent me flowers and chocolate via one of those delivery services. I did so not expect that and I thought it was very romantic considering that he couldn't be here.

DisneyOtaku
02-18-2010, 03:19 PM
A boyfriend in high school knew I loved the color pink, so he brought me to his house and he had filled the formal dining room with lots of pink things--there was the traditional roses and a box of candy, but then he got random things too like a lint brush.

May seem weird, but it was really, really sweet.

diz_girl
02-19-2010, 10:44 AM
I think I need a new husband.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-20-2010, 10:46 PM
I had made a comment to an old boyfriend one night that I was craving chocolate chip cookies. So when he picked me up the next night, he'd made me 4 dozen cookies before he came over. Too bad he was a very boring person otherwise he might have been a keeper!

Rekenna
02-21-2010, 01:04 AM
I think I need a new husband.

:silly:

mickeys_princess_mom
02-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Once was when he called Disney himself (this was before we found MJ), and upgraded our trip from value to CBR--our first time. He did all the arranging himself, and I know he was out of his element but wanted to surprise me. Another was when he knew I was in a lot of pain and going stir crazy after surgery and he dragged a lounge chair outside by the place he figured I'd have the best view of the birds and squirrels so I could hang outside and "improve the view" while he washed his rig. I was nervous about an observation a few weeks ago, due to several things I'm dealing with including sleep deprivation. He came home from the grocery with roses, cheesecake, early Valentine candy and lobster patties for supper. And he fixed supper....