PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Commercials

Melanie
02-08-2010, 07:44 AM
What did you all think? Favorite/worst?

Overall, I was kinda underwhelmed. I liked some of the Dorito ones. And I thought the Google one was cool.

Can I just clarify - was that one with Oprah, Letterman and Leno an ad for Letterman's show? NBC let Leno do that?

SBETigg
02-08-2010, 08:09 AM
So many whiny men! And men in underwear. Not a good year for the ads. I liked the Betty White one for Snickers. That's all that comes to mind for me.

Melanie
02-08-2010, 08:12 AM
And men in underwear. Not a good year for the ads.

Yeah, I agree.

Disneypixie513
02-08-2010, 08:21 AM
The ones I liked:
Google
Most of the Bud light ones.
The first Budweiser (the human bridge)
The tire one (bridgestone was the brand I think)
The first Dorrito one (with the dog)

SBETigg
02-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Oh and yes, apparently NBC let Leno make the Letterman ad. Weird. I think they're trying to help Jay improve his image by making light of it. Plus, if Dave is going to advertise his show, why not boost Jay, too? It doesn't hurt either of them and it helps them both because we're talking about it. I guess? I'm not quite sure of the logic.

DisneyPrincess21
02-08-2010, 08:34 AM
And men in underwear.

Oh well that's just Great! The One year i dont watch! :blush: :secret: :D

alphamommy
02-08-2010, 09:02 AM
This was the worst SB commercial year I can remember. I liked the Dave-Oprah-Jay commercial, and the Doritos commercial with the little boy, and that's about it.

Actually, the best one was on just before kickoff, and DH said he'd seen it before. It was a McDonald's commercial with Dwight Howard, LeBron James, and Larry Bird.

At least it was a good game!

murphy1
02-08-2010, 09:06 AM
I hated the underwear ones, I could have lived without seeing any of them!:sick:

SBETigg
02-08-2010, 09:16 AM
I hated the underwear ones, I could have lived without seeing any of them!:sick:

Yes, they did not feature men that anyone would want to see in underwear. Ew.

JanetMegan
02-08-2010, 09:17 AM
I thought they were mostly lame, I did enjoy the Betty White one and I can't believe no one has mentioned the violin playing beaver commercial for Monster.com-I loved that one!

Jeff
02-08-2010, 09:19 AM
I like the Dodge Charger commercial!:)

Pagan
02-08-2010, 09:37 AM
"Keep yo hans offa my momma, and keep yo hans offa my doritos...."

Priceless.

alphamommy
02-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Just remembered another good one - the Budweiser ad with the Clydesdale and the steer was really cute.

Melanie
02-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Oh and yes, apparently NBC let Leno make the Letterman ad. Weird. I think they're trying to help Jay improve his image by making light of it. Plus, if Dave is going to advertise his show, why not boost Jay, too? It doesn't hurt either of them and it helps them both because we're talking about it. I guess? I'm not quite sure of the logic.

Interesting.

TheDuckRocks
02-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Oh well that's just Great! The One year i dont watch! :blush: :secret: :D

Believe me these men you would not have wanted to see in their underware!:scared:

Liked the Dorito/dog one the best and of course the Bud Cladesdale with the steer left me with the happy smile.

JanetMegan
02-08-2010, 10:14 AM
I forgot about the horse and the steer, that one was cute too!

bucky at disney
02-08-2010, 10:18 AM
The Dortios one with the dog was my favorite.

Other:
Bud Light - where the guy built his entire house out of full Bud Light products
Doritos with the kid

I thought the Bud one with the steer and Clydesdale was sort of lame - felt like they were going for the cuteness factor - and completely missed....

Overall I was underwhelmed by the quality of commercials - and thought I was in the theater prior to watching a movie with all of the moview previews.

Joannelet
02-08-2010, 11:01 AM
My favorite one was right after the superbowl ended with the new E-trade babies :)
When the baby Mikey hears the pilot come over the loud speaker on the plane and thinks its his daddy.
That cracked me up.

Altair
02-08-2010, 03:43 PM
"Who sends flowers in a box, that's the same thing cigarettes and dead people come in. Who is he, your cousin or someone you met in prison?"

I couldn't tell you what flower company this was for, but it just struck me as hilarious.
:rotfl:

Hammer
02-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I enjoyed the Doritos commercial with the son and Mom's date. Liked the E*Trade commercials as well as the Career Builder ad (though last year's was much funnier).

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Intel commercials. I both they were good. This was a pretty weak year for the commercials, though.

DisneyPrincess21
02-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Believe me these men you would not have wanted to see in their underware!:scared:

Well that changes everything now doesnt it. LOL now i am glad i missed them :D

Melanie
02-09-2010, 04:29 AM
Oh, I totally forgot about the 'old' Brett Favre one. Totally funny!

brownie
02-09-2010, 04:18 PM
I though the commercials were a bit better this year. I really like the Doritos commercials, especially the "samurai" one. The Bud beer house was cool and I liked the bridge one, too.

I could have done without all the underwear commercials. The message I got from the green police commercial was that I should recycle; I couldn't tell you now what car it was for.