PDA

View Full Version : Happiness

crazypoohbear
02-07-2010, 07:35 PM
So today at 4:30PM #1 son texts me to tell me he is bored and that no one at college is interested in watching the game because the Patriots are not playing. He has watched the game since he was 4 months old with us and although he isn't a huge football fan he loves the comaradie and fun and the commercials.
He was kinda sad that no one wanted to do anything for the superbowl. SO.... I told him to get ready, I drove fast down to Providence, picked him up and brought him home! We made it back at 6:00PM Just in time for the pregame stuff! His dad and younger brother where shocked to see him walk in the door!
they thought I had gone to the grocery store~
Now we sit watching the game and the commercials!
I love family time! The tradition continues.
Go Saints. NO needs the good mojo!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-07-2010, 08:22 PM
You should have picked up the Cheese curls so he could lick the cheese off of them.

Disneymom4ever
02-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Wow, you are so lucky your son goes to school so close! My son is a junior in high school, but has been scouting colleges all over. (And of course I keep thinking once he's gone from high school, I'll never see him again!) So I only pray he ends up so close! Isn't family time wonderful? Hope it's a great night for you! :mickey:

ElenitaB
02-07-2010, 09:01 PM
What a great mom you are! :thumbsup: Hope you get some company driving him back.

crazypoohbear
02-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Wow, you are so lucky your son goes to school so close! My son is a junior in high school, but has been scouting colleges all over. (And of course I keep thinking once he's gone from high school, I'll never see him again!) So I only pray he ends up so close! Isn't family time wonderful? Hope it's a great night for you! :mickey:

I lOVE having him close enough where I can get to him if he needs me or we need him! He is far enough away and at a great college that he loves and is thriving at but when we miss him too much we can drive down and take him out to lunch and still be gone at night when he wants to go out and do whatever it is college boys do at night!

crazypoohbear
02-07-2010, 10:22 PM
What a great mom you are! :thumbsup: Hope you get some company driving him back.

Thanks!
I actually had company (payroll princess) yesterday when we went down and took him to lunch, went to JC Penney and bought him new clothes and then to the grocery store and stocked his kitchen in the dorm!
(kids are expensive!!!)
We tried to talk him into coming home then but he thought there would have been superbowl parties and such going on but there was nothing because the Patriots weren't playing :(
I tried to get him on the train from Providence to boston but the train was running late because it was coming from DC.
So as a surprise I drove down and brought him home for the night. Now I have to get up and drive him back to providence for a 9AM class.
but it was all worth it to see his brothers and fathers faces :D

Tiggerlovr9000
02-08-2010, 09:06 AM
That is awesome. We to are lucky that our son goes to college just a couple of hours from here.

Jeff
02-08-2010, 09:16 AM
That is nice.
My daughter came home from college (she's a freshmen and away from home for first time) for the same reason this weekend.

It was great to keep our Super Bowl tradition going.:thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
02-10-2010, 04:20 PM
That is nice.
My daughter came home from college (she's a freshmen and away from home for first time) for the same reason this weekend.

It was great to keep our Super Bowl tradition going.:thumbsup:

Isn't it great that the traditions we started with them mean as much to them as they do to us.
I love that what seems insignificant has great sentimental meaning to the kids!

Cinderelley
02-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Great story! Good to hear things are going so well. :thumbsup: