PDA

View Full Version : What's the best breakfast?

JenSheriff
02-06-2010, 04:08 PM
We are planning a trip in October to celebrate my DD 5th birthday :party:. We will be on the dining plan. I was wondering what the best table-service breakfast place is. We have never eaten breakfast at WDW, except for counter service at Pop. Thanks for your ideas!!

faline
02-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Are you looking just for breakfast or for a character experience?

For characters, I'd suggest either the Princess Breakfast in Norway at Epcot or Cinderella's Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom.

For strictly table service breakfast, I'd suggest the Grand Floridian Cafe at the Grand Floridian or Kona Cafe at the Polynesian.

slegrant
02-06-2010, 05:03 PM
I second Kona Cafe:mickey: My family and I love there breakfast. Have a great trip!

buzznwoodysmom
02-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Our favorite character breakfast is Ohana.

Our favorite non character breakfast is Kona Cafe.

DizneyRox
02-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Characters or not, Donald's Safari Breakfast is VERY tough to beat.

I think CRT is overhyped and has blah food. Ohana's is overhyped as well.

JPL
02-06-2010, 08:22 PM
My 2 favorites are Boma and Donald's Safari Breakfast

ElenitaB
02-06-2010, 09:16 PM
I think the question you may want to ask yourself is if you want a character meal or not, and if you do want to see characters, do you want to go see the princesses, Mickey and friends, or Pooh and friends. While you can only see Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace, there are several places you can visit with the other characters.

You can find info about who's where and when, on the character dining page (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/characters/charactermeals.asp) on INTERCOT's Info Central (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/default.asp).

brownie
02-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Our favorite is Goofy's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. We used to enjoy breakfast at Boatwright's, but it was discontinued there.

javamama
02-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Kona has a nice breakfast, O'hana does a great character that isn't a buffet also(they do eggs to order from Kona next door). We're not huge buffet people. CRT is great for a 5 year old little girl, heck I liked it!

mouseketeer mom
02-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Our favorite character breakfast is Ohana.

Our favorite non character breakfast is Kona Cafe.

Great mines think alike!;) Ditto!

Pop Centurion
02-07-2010, 08:14 PM
I've heard great reviews about Boma's Breakfast but for some reason we never seem to make it so I can't comment there.

We love Donald's Safari Breakfast. There's a great selection. The cheese blintzes are excellent and they have good pastries as well.

Also, we tried 1900 Park Fare for the first time last year and really liked that as well. Enough to go again this upcoming trip.

Both have great character interaction too.

BigThunderFan
02-08-2010, 11:47 AM
We really liked Whispering Canyon for breakfast. You get a little of the antics, but not too much, and the food was great.

Akershus was excellent if your DD likes the princesses at all.

And I may be thrown out for this, but we love Chef Mickey's for breakfast. This is the one breakfast we won't miss on every trip.

#1donaldfan
02-08-2010, 12:32 PM
....for us it's WCC for non-character &
......Donald's Safari for those wanting characters...

DisneyDreamer
02-09-2010, 09:51 AM
The breakfast at Cape May at the Beach Club is awesome. The food at the buffet is constantly replenished so there is always something fresh and delicious from the kitchen. They have mini size mickey waffles which are great. Have a wonderful time!

TinkerMel
02-09-2010, 02:05 PM
For a 5th birthday, you have to have characters! We love Donald's Safari Breakfast and Crystal Palace with Winnie & friends. If she is into the princesses, you can't beat the Norway princess breakfast. We were able to meet 5 princess characters at 1 meal. Have fun & enjoy the magic through your child at that age.

passholderryan
02-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Two words.... Tonga Toast.
A must on every trip from the Polynesian. Either sit down if you have the time, or get it from the counter