PDA

View Full Version : First Time Staying on Property...any advice

nqi2
02-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Ok I have been to Disney several times but we have never stayed on property.

We are doing the standard DDP, we are staying at the CBR.

My main question is the easiest ways to get around to the parks from CBR.

Thanks in advance

ILoveLegos
02-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Will you have access to a car?

Are you planning to use the Buses of the WDW Transportation System?

Are you planning to use a taxi?

Are you going somewhere you can use a WDW boat to arrive?

I usually have my car on property and this is by far the fastest way from park to park and resort to resort.

Taxis are great at park closing when the lines for buses are mobbed and you have sleeping little ones in tow.

To me buses are the slowest interpark mode of transportation, but they are also the most "immersive" Disney experience.

When using the buses for inter park travel, I usually keep an eye on the park-to-park buses, but sometimes it seems to make sense to do this for instance: take a bus from Disney Studios to the Grand Floridian then hop the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

The Boat between Epcot & Disney Studios is a very nice ride.

I don't have specific information about CBR though, because I've only stayed a POR, but I hope this post begins to answer your question. :mickey:

btharvey
02-06-2010, 01:32 PM
CBR, to my knowledge, only has bus access to the parks.

I agree that the fastest way to get around is the car. Free parking when you stay at a resort. However, lots of walking or tram waiting/riding at the park itself, so it's not quite as quick as you might think, especially when crowded.

We usually bring our trailer with us, so we stay at Fort Wilderness and take the boat to the Magic Kingdom (and Monorail from there to Epcot) ... buses to all the others. Yeah, there's a bit of time waiting for the ride, but it is the most "Disney" experience.

Plus, we don't go to that many different places in one day ... maybe two parks at most (Morning/afternoon somewhere, evening somewhere else).

Up to you as to how you plan your trip. But I wouldn't "jam" it up.

nqi2
02-06-2010, 01:46 PM
We will actually have access to 2 vehicles because there are 10 of us driving from Indiana...but we would like to be able to park them and just travel using the disney transportation. We would like the ease of not having to get on the trams with sleeping children to get out to our car.

In our group of people there are 6 adults and 4 kids (7, 5, 3, 2) and we will also be bringing our own double stroller that folds down.

I am trying to make it the easiest as possible with traveling because of the kids and also just the ease of keeping everyone happy. Father in law is one that doesn't like to "Deal" with people so I'm trying to get organized for smooth transitions.

Genie1953
02-06-2010, 01:54 PM
I would defnitely say.....use the free disney transportation...buses, boats, monorail...whichever is available for your destination. When we drove down in 2005 we stayed on-site. My husband was thinking that he would have to drive us to and from the parks each day and was NOT looking forward to it at all! I didn't know that he was unaware of the Disney transportation system. He absolutely loved letting the car sit in the parking lot as we hopped on the buses...we also took the monorail one day from EPCOT to Magic Kingdom....and took the boat from POR to DTD several times. He is so looking forward to our upcoming April trip. This time we are flying in and he said we will pass on renting a car.....no need to pay for something you don't really need.

Seasonscraps
02-06-2010, 02:12 PM
The CBR only has bus transportation to the parks. The MK is the only park that has trams to the parking lot - maybe use the bus for that and consider driving to the other parks. It is really so much nicer to hop in your own car at the end of the day and not deal with the wait and crowds for the buses.

badkitty
02-06-2010, 02:28 PM
The MK is the only park that has trams to the parking lot - maybe use the bus for that and consider driving to the other parks.

?? AK, EPCOT and DHS have trams that go from the park to the parking lot. I have used them many times. The parking lots are quite large but depending on where you were parked, you could walk if you wanted to avoid the tram.

Seasonscraps
02-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Oh I misspoke - I thought the MK was the only place you HAD to take a tram. That's what I was getting at. Sorry for any confusion.

faline
02-06-2010, 03:31 PM
?? AK, EPCOT and DHS have trams that go from the park to the parking lot. I have used them many times. The parking lots are quite large but depending on where you were parked, you could walk if you wanted to avoid the tram.

The trams come into play if you drive to these parks. If you use Disney transportation, it is not necessary to use trams. Many people advise against driving to the Magic Kingdom because you still need to take either the monorail or the ferry from there (and possibly a tram within the parking lot as well). Disney buses bring you right to the Disney World gate without the need for using another form of transportation.

Most of the time, we do not have a car available on property. Even when we do, we usually park the car and use Disney transportation. The one place I might consider driving rather than using Disney transport is to Downtown Disney.

You'll find it's really easy to get around Disney transportation. There are times, however, when taking Disney transportation takes longer than driving. For us, it is part of the Disney experience and we generally don't mind waiting a bit longer for a bus.

JenniferS.
02-06-2010, 03:41 PM
We always use the Disney buses. Just be sure to give yourself enough time to get to your dining reservations. If you have breakfast at 9:00 am, then be at the bus stop by 8:00. There have been times that we've just made our reservation.

badkitty
02-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Oh I misspoke - I thought the MK was the only place you HAD to take a tram. That's what I was getting at. Sorry for any confusion.

The trams come into play if you drive to these parks. If you use Disney transportation, it is not necessary to use trams. Many people advise against driving to the Magic Kingdom because you still need to take either the monorail or the ferry from there (and possibly a tram within the parking lot as well). Disney buses bring you right to the Disney World gate without the need for using another form of transportation.

Ah, I get it now. Thanks for the clarification!

Disneyglamour
02-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Just be prepared to be spoiled!! After staying in a Disney hotel you will compare every hotel you stay in for the rest of your life to a "Disney Hotel". Nothing beats the cleanliness and the great hospitality of Disney! :mickey:

MOJoe
02-09-2010, 01:41 PM
You may already know this, but the main tip i have when dealing with Disney Transportation is to allow yourself plenty of time to get somewhere. Leaving your room with only 15 minutes till your ADR or a fireworks show simply will not do.:nono:

That said, letting Disney do the driving is one of the things i enjoy. I have driven to WDW only to leave my car parked for the entire week. So relax and enjoy all the perks of being a resort guest.