PDA

View Full Version : Our Return Trip; Day 1

HJL413
02-06-2010, 09:54 AM
The cast of characters;

DW, DS (13), DDS (twins 10), our good friends DH2, DW2, their DD (6) and me

We begin day 1 with a monorail ride to the Contemporary and breakfast at Chef Mickey's

We love to kick off our trip at Chef Mickey's. We were quickly seated in a far dining room filled with characters. It was only a short wait until we were met by Pluto followed by Mickey. It was pictures and autographs for all. DW is a big Donald Duck fan and he soon followed. Minnie appeared next and it was then a short wait for Goofy. It was great to see so many characters even before we started to eat

The food was typical for CM with one exception. DW is a big fan of the cheesy potatos and she was disappointed that they were very different from our last visit. The current version were shredded with cheese melted on top. Amajor step down from the prior recipe

We enjoyed a lovely breakfast and off to the Magic Kingdom

We strolled Main Street and the plan was to linger, however, the excitement was too much. The children decided Buzz Lightyear was the first attraction. As a group of 8 we were in 4 cars and the competition was intense and fun

We next did a group favorite, Carousel Of Progress. The only downside of C.O.P. is that we spent the rest of the day with "A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow......." stuck in our heads

We did most of Tomorrow Land and then off to Toontown. Goofy's Barnstormer, Minnie's House and Mickey's House were all part ofthe fun.

It was then a quick visit to Fantasy Land with a brief break for a trip to Casey's Corner.

Our friends returned to the Grand Floridian for a little pool time with their DD and my family went back to Fantasy Land for Pooh, Dumbo, Philarmagic and Small World before returning to the hotel

We rested before fireworks and dinner. The fireworks were early at 6:30PM on Thursday. We loved the fireworks from the boat dock before dinner at Narcosses

There was a brief wait for our table of 8 and I spent time with one of my DD visiting with Chef Bob. My DD wants to become a chef and Bob was so very wonderful and kind.He explained the various stations and jobs in the kitchen and was generous with his time.

We were soon seated and got to meet Chef Bob again. My DW has issues with shell fish so Bob came to our table and designed a specific menu for her eating needs. Chef Bob is a rising star and an outstanding Disney representative

Dinner was fantastic. We highly recommend Narcosses for atmosphere and dining experience

We followed dinner with a group stroll on the beach. The evening air was spectacular and a wonderful finish to our first full day

Next is Day 2 with a plan for Animal Kingdom followed by the pool and then extra magixc hours at EPCOT

faline
02-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Wonderful day one! There's no better way to begin a Disney trip than to spend time in the Magic Kingdom!

jillluvsdisney
02-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Chef Bob sounds great. Things like that can really are wonderful. What a magical experience.:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
02-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon:

SBETigg
02-15-2010, 09:37 AM
We love Narcoossee's, too! So nice of Chef Bob to take all that time with you. Chef Mickey's sounds like a fun way to start, and what a great first day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Sounds great

fielin
02-18-2010, 05:40 AM
I'm trying Narcoossee next april ! You got me very excited... Thank You !

vizsla
02-18-2010, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the report.

princessgirls
02-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Great day! Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey: