PDA

View Full Version : Cirque de Soleil transport

Charam
02-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Hi all! ::waves::

Not a newbie here - visited this board ages ago before our first trip to Disney and got some lovely advice, but it's been so long I had to re-register. :mickey: Anyway, I have a question about transportation to Downtown Disney, specifically to Cirque to Soleil.

We've (dh and ds and I) been to Disney several times and always stay at All-Star Movies (my son loves the place), and use the buses to and from the parks. But we've never been to Downtown Disney, and I was wondering how much time to allow to get there for the 9 p.m. show. It's on a Saturday (Feb. 27 to be exact) - we (just my ds and I this time around) plan to spend the day at Animal Kingdom, then come back to the hotel for supper and then go to the show.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Tygger7
02-05-2010, 04:11 PM
I always err on the side of too much time, so I'd allow at least one how. Downtown Disney is an easy place to kill extra time, so better safe than sorry. :mickey:

EeyoresBestFriend
02-05-2010, 06:44 PM
If I were you ~ after AK I would go to downtown Disney for dinner. There are some great places down there from Rainforest to Earl of Sandwiches if you are more cost conscious. Then you can wander, or shop your way down to Cirque and assure you will be on time.(no surprises, then) Make sure you are seated at least 15 minutes before the show to be able to catch the preshow ~ it is the best! :D

Have fun and welcome back to Intercot! :mickey:

Charam
02-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup: I'm very much a "allow time to get lost" person myself, so we'll certainly err on the side of caution.

Scott C
02-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Also, please note that there are 2 stops at Downtown Disney. If you are going directly to the show you will want to stop at the West Side and not the marketplace.

Thanks
Scott C

Scott C
02-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Another neat option -- but I am into hotel exploring -- would be to catch the bus at AK to POR or POFQ -- eat at the food court there and the ride the boat to Downtown Disney -- not time effective but a fun time.

Thanks
Scott C

Charam
02-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated.