PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Atlantic snow storm

AirlineGuy07
02-05-2010, 01:55 PM
I was just curious has this big snow storm put a wrench on anyones Disney vacation plans? I know they have shut down my airline in IAD, BWI, DCA and PHL for the day and half the day tomorrow.

BigRedDad
02-05-2010, 02:06 PM
They've shutdown Amtrak in VA, NC, and SC. 2 feet of snow for many of these areas is a lot more than they are used to. I just pray this does not happen in 4 weeks.

BraddyB
02-06-2010, 02:02 AM
It started snow in Pittsburgh this afternoon and hasnt stopped since...I love the snow but man do I wish I was in Disney avoiding this...I am sure Pittsburgh Int'l is closed down by now. They tried keeping up with it but there has got to be atleast 12 - 14 inches and its not supposed to stop until sat afternoon..

Note its 2:00 AM Saturday morning :D

Gregandmel
02-06-2010, 02:44 AM
I can't help but think that it has disrupted some Disney plans for families. Think of the # of people who fly out on a Saturday going to Disney from any number of airports at any given state....so even though you may not get any "posts" from people - I would imagine it has most definitely affected some! I hope that if that's the case, then the airlines are up and running by Sunday so people can still get their Disney trip in!! We live in Overland Park Kansas and were supposed to get 2-4" of snow today and to almost 9"!!! And more (supposedly) is on the way this weekend. I would always be nervous about flying out in the winter because of this. Best of luck to anyone "stuck at home" for a day or two as they are dreamin' Disney!!

goon29
02-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Yep, it has been an extremely exhausting and depressing past 36 hours. We were supposed to fly out of PHL at 1:40 this afternoon. By Friday afternoon (before it even started snowing), our flight had been canceled. As is to be expected, USAir was inundated and I waited on hold forever before giving up and booking a 7AM flight for tomorrow morning on Southwest. Upon waking up this morning to check in, I saw that this flight had been canceled as well. Called Southwest and by the time I got to a CSR the earliest flight out was Monday at 1:40 PM. I then went BACK to USAir and was able to re-book my original ticket for tomorrow night. Keeping my fingers crossed that this one sticks!

As sad as it will be to arrive at WDW at midnight, on a MK EMH night, I'd much rather spend my evening AKL than in my house with snow up to my ears (no pun intended!) :mickey:

Throughout all of this, Wendy at Magical Journeys has been absolutely fantastic in accomodating my hourly travel plan changes. I'm sure that I am not the only customer of hers that has been affected by this storm, and she has gone above and beyond to accomodate. I HIGHLY recommend Magical Journeys!!

DisneyPrincess21
02-06-2010, 09:41 AM
As sad as it will be to arrive at WDW at midnight, on a MK EMH night, I'd much rather spend my evening AKL than in my house with snow up to my ears (no pun intended!) :mickey:

:rotfl: up to your "ears"!!

Sorry your trip has been delayed.
:tink:
Sending you some pixie dust to help you get out of this mess! Where i live in South NJ, we have atleast 2 feet of snow right now! Oh how i wish i was in the sunshine state, instead of the blizzard state.

When you get to WDW, send us some sunshine and warmth to melt the snow.

Ed
02-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Talked to my daughters who live north of Baltimore... they both have over 24" and it's still snowing. :(

They say virtually everything up their way is closed.

mom2Z&A
02-06-2010, 12:48 PM
We're right in the thick of it here in between Baltimore and Annapolis. Of all things about a couple hours ago, it was reported that BWI was open but no flights probably not till Monday. Not supposed to stop snowing around here between 7 and 9 pm. As of 12:46 well over two feet and counting...:(

I also hope that no one's Disney trip was messed up. If so, I hope they were able to reschedule their flights/trips. Sometimes trip insurance is a good thing and I hope those who are stuck in this went for the extra expense...

brad192
02-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Think of the people who were supposed to leave WDW for these destinations & couldn't. OH SHUCKIE DARN! More time at WDW!;):mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-07-2010, 08:30 PM
My BIL's friend left last night to drive down and I facebooked him earlier and he'd gotten as far as NC and should be at WDW tomorrow. I'm surprised he's made it that far!

TheRustyScupper
02-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I was just curious has this big snow storm put a wrench on anyones Disney vacation plans?

Yep, and also Daytona raceweek and Daytona 500 fans.

Ed
02-09-2010, 10:41 AM
And "It ain't over 'til it's over." :nono:

More snow on the way to the same areas - up to 20" :eek:, depending on which weatherguesser you listen to. :snowball:

Airlines are already cancelling flights into/out of Midatlantic cities such as Baltimore, Washington, Philadelphia, some as early as this morning.

mom2Z&A
02-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Still snowing here in the Mid-Atlantic. Travel is horrible. Officially tired of snow. :snowball: Friend left for FLA yesterday morning before flights were cancelled out of BWI...he was tired of snow. Wishing it was April now so that I could be WDW myself...

Can't wait till Spring!!