PDA

View Full Version : Were you chosen for the Indiana stunt show?

ANG
02-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Speaking of the Indiana Stunt Show, have you or any one you know been chosen to participate in the show?

Jeniflower
02-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Both my sister and I have both been choosen on different years. wear something bright, sit near the front and be prepared to bounce up and down like an eegit if you want to be picked. its great fun

ANG
02-05-2010, 08:09 AM
DH wanted to participate the one and only time we've seen it. But he wanted to enjoy the show first.

kakn7294
02-05-2010, 08:30 AM
My BIL was chosen in 2003. We actually were sitting on the far left near the top.

BAMABOY
02-05-2010, 08:39 AM
I was chosen 2 years ago. Everybody thought I was the "plant" because I am 6'4" and was wearing a very bright teal Disney shirt, I just played along.:whistle: We are going back on 2/12 and I already have my "loud" shirt picked out to get picked again. I told my DW that was going to play like the "plant", when they ask my name I am going to stand by the announcer and yell to her "HEY!!! TAKE A PICTURE OF US!!! WERE IN A MOVIE!!" It will either be really funny because I have not told the other 12 people going with us about my plan or I will be removed. Hopefully it will go well!:thumbsup:

Joannelet
02-05-2010, 08:51 AM
My BIL was picked to be in the show while he was there on his honeymoon. :)

KylesMom
02-05-2010, 08:52 AM
I was picked on my birthday a few years ago. It was fun, but man was it hot in the costume in June! :mickey:

Dragongirlx
02-05-2010, 09:16 AM
I've been picked twice it's great fun

offwego
02-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Once for yelling loudly (wearing beige go figure) I loved it my then young son wasn't keen but was ok with DH and his grandparents. (he thought I might get hurt)

coneygoil
02-05-2010, 01:21 PM
My dad got picked back in '98. I can't remember what he was doing to get picked. Me and my cousin got picked to ride the "Honey, I shrunk the Kids" bee back in '90 when that was still apart of the Backstage Tour. The CM told us to look scary, but we were smiling the whole time. Of couse, we were just 8 and 9 at the time :D

seanyred
02-05-2010, 03:43 PM
In 2004 during our honeymoon I was picked for Indiana Jones. We were sitting in the middle about half way up. I just stood up and yelled and screamed (I'm also a tall red head so I stand out) Anyway while I was on stage I almost fell over...I was standing infront of the market place carpets for sale and got slightly bumbed by a stunt man. My DW video taped the whole thing in case I wanted to be embarassed again.

Mammabruski
02-05-2010, 03:48 PM
My Mom, Pirate Granny was chosen back in 1991. Classic. :mickey:

Matt's Dad
02-05-2010, 04:04 PM
I was chosen a few years back. Got there a little late (10 minutes before show time) but it was the early show and not totally crowded. Actually found seats 4 rows back, just right of center.

When they were picking people, just waved my arms, yelled a little, and I think my older son was jumping up and down pointing at me to seal the deal.

Was a blast. Not sure I would do it again .... would rather have someone else get the thrill.

Good Luck

TheVBs
02-05-2010, 08:19 PM
My DH got picked last May. :mickey: It was so fun to watch him up there! I got video of it too.

TheRustyScupper
02-05-2010, 10:44 PM
1) The wife and I were both picked, one year apart.
2) It was quite a while ago, but memorable.
3) In fact, it was so long ago, the ark Temple of Doom was just a hut.

joanna71985
02-06-2010, 12:17 AM
I've been picked as an extra 3 times. It is so much fun!

magicofdisney
02-06-2010, 03:01 AM
I was chosen 2 years ago. Everybody thought I was the "plant" because I am 6'4" and was wearing a very bright teal Disney shirt, I just played along.:whistle: We are going back on 2/12 and I already have my "loud" shirt picked out to get picked again. I told my DW that was going to play like the "plant", when they ask my name I am going to stand by the announcer and yell to her "HEY!!! TAKE A PICTURE OF US!!! WERE IN A MOVIE!!" It will either be really funny because I have not told the other 12 people going with us about my plan or I will be removed. Hopefully it will go well!:thumbsup:
What plant? :confused:

NJDad
02-06-2010, 06:56 AM
As soon as they said 'We're looking for loud screamers' I knew my wife was in, and she was picked first.

TheVBs
02-06-2010, 09:29 AM

There's always a professional planted in the audience that gets picked for the show.

Altair
02-06-2010, 09:53 AM
There's always a professional planted in the audience that gets picked for the show.

A spoiler alert would have been nice, not everyone that comes here has seen the show.:(

magicofdisney
02-06-2010, 12:36 PM
A spoiler alert would have been nice, not everyone that comes here has seen the show.:(
That was my point exactly! :thedolls:

5togetherWDW
02-07-2010, 09:30 AM
I was chosen once a few years back. My younger son did not appreciate it (he wanted to sit beside me.) He spent the next two years holding my hands down - telling me not to volunteer. This past year, I was given permission to try again. :mickey: Unfortunately, they were using a system that made it a bit harder. At each of the shows we attended, the casting person looked for a certain skill from only one specific area of the audience. In past years, they looked for types (example: someone "brave," someone on their honeymoon, etc) from the whole audience. They may have had a set plan for selection - but everyone jumped and screamed and tried. The recent times, the person asked for someone - in this section - that fit the criteria. So, only one part of the audience was looked at for screamers - a different part for laughing / good time - etc.
Each time we went - I ended up being in the "wrong" areas to have a chance. I am not a manly man, not part of a romantic couple, and so forth. I found it frustrating that I wasn't seated in an area that gave me a chance to try.
I did enjoy being an extra when I was chosen - and was delighted my son gave me "permission" to try again. ( Back then, I was selected from a next to the back row. )
I don't know if there is a pattern to selection areas now -- if this has stopped again -- or if it is just certain cast members that find selecting this way easier. But it did make it trickier . . .

TheVBs
02-07-2010, 04:01 PM

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry!! :( I don't know what I was thinking, I really usually know better. Just responded to the question without thinking. If I could edit the post I would - actually if a mod could edit it that would be great! :blush:

Really, really, genuinely sorry!

PeterPan
02-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Geez...really not bragging, but i have been in this show more times than I can count - at least a dozen. More than once, my wife and I have been chosen for the same show. My children are always mortified. Once I said "Ok I won't do anything to get chosen." I got chosen anyway. Years went by and I never got to see the show because i was in it every time. We used to make it our goal to get chosen for every single show in the Studios. There used to be a Superstar Television show - got chosen for that about 5 times. Got chosen on the Backstage tour (water tank) several times. If you could get in a show, I learned how to get chosen. Now, over at the MK, I can get chosen for the Monster Inc. show ("That Guy") every time I walk in the door. What can I say - it's a calling - it's a gift.

SoaringEpcot
02-08-2010, 09:07 AM
My DW and I were picked on our honeymoon back in 2001. I think they actuall asked the crowd if there was any one on their honeymoon, an we jumped up and down waving our arms and they called us down. It was the first time we had seen the show so we had no idea what was about to happen so boy were we suprised. We have some great pictures from down on the stage.

PlutoPlanet
02-08-2010, 12:42 PM
DW was picked once. The next year we were both picked as the "honeymoon couple." It was fun. I actually got a little nervous. We sat about 5 rows up and waved a lot when they asked for volunteers.

BAMABOY
02-08-2010, 01:14 PM

You know, the stunt man that acts like a guest that has been picked.

Diznee4Me
02-08-2010, 06:11 PM
My DW was picked a few years ago - and I am the archaeologist! :D She had a blast and I got some great photos.:thumbsup:

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
02-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Both my sister and I have both been choosen on different years. wear something bright, sit near the front and be prepared to bounce up and down like an eegit if you want to be picked. its great fun
What is an eegit?

magicofdisney
02-09-2010, 09:17 PM
You know, the stunt man that acts like a guest that has been picked.
Really? Did you not read the previous response?

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
02-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Really? Did you not read the previous response?

The one about the spoilers? Sheesh

MaxPower
02-10-2010, 03:47 PM
The louder you are, the better your chances.

Goofster
02-11-2010, 11:44 AM
My wife and I were picked in August 2001 when we were there for our Honeymoon. We actually got there a few minutes after the show started (they already started asking for volunteers) and the show was so packed that we were sitting on the brick retaining wall at the very top of the theater to the left (terrible seats). The announcer asked for honeymooners and we stood up and waived our arms (I was wearing blue and my wife was wearing white).

It was a lot of fun...but really, really hot in those costumes down there.

PLUS....they actually make you sign a waiver form. I thought that were joking about it!

barbiegirl314
02-11-2010, 01:59 PM
I got picked this past May when we were there. My family and I were kind of seated about half way down and I jumped up and down like a fool waving my arms in the air.:blush:

It was so much fun but very hot in the costume.