PDA

View Full Version : I’m going to ride pirate’s 6 times & small world 2 trip report: Day 1

Bethis26fan
02-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Sat Nov 28 we woke up and got showered and headed over to get the free breakfast our hotel offered. After a fun breakfast conversation with an older couple we head to car for our 3 hour and 16 min drive (according to mapquest) Up until now I hadn’t been really really excited but I was starting to feel it. The drive was pretty easy going. We saw a monster truck on the back of a rollback that I swear wasn’t big enough to pull it. So we got a quick laugh took some photo’s of it because you really never know what you are going to see going down the interstate. Then we start seeing all the signs for Disney. Now I’m really getting excited, it sure did take long enough. We made really good time we left our hotel around 8 and were pulling in at 11:00 so we made it in 3 hours with a stop at a rest area. So time to get checked in we made the request for the ground floor and to be close to Laura and them when they checked although that part didn’t really matter. He told us that he could get us in the same building as them just different areas. So we are like that’s fine. So we ask about the ground floor he says that don’t have one but our room would be on the second floor right next to the elevator. Ok so that wouldn’t be too much of a walk for Emily. So we get our keys stop and buy a mug and get something to drink then go to move the car. Well our room wasn’t next to the elevator in fact it was as far as you could get from the elevator. Great we are right next to the stairs. So much for trying to make this easy on Emily. We are not complainers so I tell Emily I’ll unload the car for her to stay in the room. I don’t want her knee getting any worse that it already is. It was swollen double the size of her other knee. So after I get all the stuff up to the room we do a light unpack we head out to DHS. We take a few pictures along the way and once we get in the gate we take some more just having fun and enjoying being on vacation. 1st things first I’m hungry so we split a pretzel. Holy cow those suckers are salty. I scrape the salt off and enjoy it. After that the first of many what do you want to do is asked followed by the many I don’t care what do you want to do. I think 1/4th of trip was spent asking that question with that exact answer. So we walk over toward TOT hour wait stand by and fast pass are for way late in the day. No biggie we are coming back later in the week. Lets go get fast passes for RRC. Nope they are gone for the day. Ok so lets just walk around and see watch catches our eye. We head over towards the playhouse Disney area. Really we were just having fun that we were on vacation talking laughing and enjoying the environment around us. We ended up over near Muppets and walked right in to the preshow. We had our laughs and came out. Ok well if you remember we have had breakfast (I ate an orange and 2 mini muffins) and we split a pretzel. So I’m hungry. Emily’s like well it’s getting close to adr and if we eat now I want eat dinner. Ugh ok well we’ve got to do something so let’s watch the block party. Yep this works well I’m surrounded by people eating popcorn, and other yummy snacks. My stomach really starts growling loud like I swear it was giving the music a run for its money. So we walk on looking for something to keep me busy and not think about food. Ahh Beauty & the Beast stage show. So we watch the end of show and wait for the area to clear out so Emily can take her time walking out. We look in a few stores and it’s a little early but let’s go ahead over to 50’s and see if we can check in. The lady says sure we check in and walk in to the “living room” and have a seat on the couch. We had just sat down I took a picture of the christmas tree and they called our name. I asked Emily did they say _____ she’s like I don’t know. Sure enough he said it again. Score I finally get to eat. She ask if we know what we want to drink. I sure do I’ve been thinking about it for few weeks now. Coke w/ the Cherry in it. I have been trying to lose weight and not drink soda so it was a treat. We place our food orders and talk about all the things we are going to do in the coming week when Logan & Abby get there. Dinner was great. I ate everything on my plate and a piece of Emily’s chicken. I told you I was hungry. Dessert for me was the brownie Sunday. I ate some of it and left the rest. Emily had the cupcake and didn’t care for it. So she ate some of the Sunday as well. After that it’s dark so we get to do what we wanted go see the lights. This is my very part of Disney at Christmas. We get there right as they are about to turn them on. We ohh and ahh and take pictures and sing along with the music. I know we spent a good hour in there just enjoying the lights and music oh and of course we had to have hot chocolate because it was snowing. After that we are getting tired it’s getting close to time for the park to close so we head towards the exit. We stop in a few more stores and out to get on the bus. Now I know you’re like well y’all didn’t do anything. True we didn’t but the whole reason we added this day was to see the lights. So we did what we planned on. Once we got back to the room we finished unpacking and got ready for bed. Emily had to ice her knee and elevate it and all that good stuff. We made a call to Laura & Mark to see if they were at their hotel yet and they were just pulling in. So we told them we would see the in the morning and then we get to bed ourselves.

Suz36
02-04-2010, 08:36 PM
What a great start! I'd love to not feel rushed, just take the time to enjoy the atmosphere and take pictures - sounds perfect!

faline
02-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Aren't the Osborne lights wonderful? Glad you got to see them!

KylesMom
02-05-2010, 09:19 AM
It sounds like the only thing that wasn't great today was your room location. I hope Emily doesn't have issues throughout your trip.

We're eating at 50's PT for the first time this trip - glad to hear you enjoyed it. What a wonderful, relaxing first day at Disney! :mickey:

pdrlkr
02-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: