PDA

View Full Version : I’m going to ride pirate’s 6 times & small world 2 trip report: Travel Day

Bethis26fan
02-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Ok first off yes I’m a little behind writing the trip report. We had a very busy December and January. This was our 4th trip in 4 years. The link to the pre trip report is here if you want to get started there first.
As a note to when we started this trip Emily had been having trouble with her knee for about 2 months prior and had been going to different doctors trying to figure out what was going on there her next Dr’s appt was for the Monday after we came back. So we had a wheel chair & cane with us as well as a dr’s note stating we needed a ground floor room and a refrigerator. Then on top of that she had a sinus infection a week before leaving, but was starting to feel better. We also got news that Laura’s Family had a stomach but the week leading up to Disney. Will this affect our trip?

The Cast was:
Me- Beth 29
Emily-aka EE Cousin/roommate/best friend/aunt to Logan & Abby, sister to Laura 30
Laura-aka mom/cousin/sister to Emily 28
Mark-aka dad/cousin in-law/brother in-law to Emily 27
Logan- 4th trip to the world 5
Abby- first trip to the world 17 months

The day started on Black Friday at the nice time of 3:00am. Didn’t I just go to sleep? Oh well here we go. We did all the nice black Friday shopping things hitting walmart, target, best buy & the mall. We weren’t really looking for anything. We just love being out on black Friday. We were almost done and I had to make a Starbucks run. So Peppermint Mocha in hand we stop at K-mart then head home. We get home unloaded all the things we bought and let my dog run around some. We are loading the last few things in to car when my mom comes home (she lives next door) So we talk with her a few mins and then a little after 12 we are ready to hit the road. We make a quick stop to top the car back off with gas and away we go on our 5 & ½ hour trip. We are going to drive to Kingsland GA and stop for the night. Nothing really interesting happens on the drive other than us two crazy girls rocking out to some music of our pass teen years. Yes that’s right Nsync. You have to love having an ipod, but hey when you’ve been up since 3 and your driving you got to have something to keep you alert. We get to our hotel around 6:30 get checked in and unload the overnight back & laptop then head to get some food. After dinner we come back to room and start getting ready for bed. The next day we would be in the most magical place on Earth.

faline
02-05-2010, 08:28 AM
That was a long travel day! Hope the rest went smoothly!

KylesMom
02-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Well, I think we've already determined that you two won't need much sleep on this trip. :D The last time we drove, DH and I made a ton of CDs of our favorite "classics". It sure made the time pass faster! :mickey: