PDA

View Full Version : Tea at the Grand Floridian

michellerose1579
02-04-2010, 01:15 PM
I'd really love to set this up for my trip in September with my Mom. Can someone please let me know how it was? :thanks:

FutureFairygodmother
02-04-2010, 01:38 PM
We did it in Nov 03. We really enjoyed it. We left the kids and dads in MK and took the monorail over. There are different kinds to chose from - we had scones, sandwiches & dessert. I highly recommend it.:thumbsup:

EpcotChic23
02-04-2010, 04:11 PM
This post peeked my intrest. I think it would be something nice for my mom and I to do in June. Do you need reservations for this? I tried to look on disneyworld.com and it will not let me make a rez.

KylesMom
02-04-2010, 04:26 PM
You can find information here:

Grand Floridian Tea (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/gftea.asp)

Also, If you do a search within INTERCOT's Trip Reports forum, you should be able to find various member accounts of their GF Tea experiences. :mickey:

As far as Disney Dining reservations, you need to call for reservations:

Reservations:
(407) WDW-DINE

Some of the specialty dining events such as the Afternoon Tea are unavailable to be booked online.

TheRustyScupper
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Our Ratings of Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian:

. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B+
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: A
. . . eatery atmosphere: A
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: A

Good:
. . . friendly atmosphere
. . . great relaxing way to put a break in the day
. . . low noise level and seldom any boisterous or loud talking
. . . good selection of tea offerings
Bad:
. . . for the true tea aficionado, they serve only Pekoe and Orange Pekoe Broken tea

magicgal
02-04-2010, 05:56 PM
It is wonderful! I can't wait to go back in March. It is so relaxing and delightful. We ordered the Grand Tea, and it was so good. I would recommend it in a heartbeat!

KathyMJ
02-04-2010, 06:50 PM
This is one of my daughter's and my favorite things to do when we visit WDW!!!
We have even brought DH and he enjoyed it, as well.
We have always had a wonderful experience.

MissMaryPoppins
02-04-2010, 11:37 PM
I went to tea with my Mom a few years ago. We had a wonderful afternoon. We dressed a little up a little bit for fun, just a sundress and sandals, but it's not required. A few people were in shorts and t-shirts. We didn't have reservations but we didn't have to wait to be seated. We had a table near the windows with a nice garden view. We had a very nice and attentive waitress. She took her time and explained all the different options on the menu and gave us a few suggestions. I remember getting scones with jams and strawberries and cream at the end. Everything was very fresh and tasted great. She didn't rush us out and told us some people come and sit for the afternoon. My father showed up a little later and they gave us no problem adding a chair to the table. What I really enjoyed about it was how peaceful the tea room was. It's a beautiful room and china is gorgeous. It's a nice break from all the Disney craziness.

Hammer
02-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Here is my review (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118713&highlight=Grand+Floridian+Tea) from October 2007 (Intercot's 10th Anniversary). I enjoyed it very much and recommend the Garden View Tea blend for your tea choice and getting the Grand Tea if you like champagne like I do.

EpcotChic23
02-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Just booked the tea for my mom and I for June 6th.....I am excited. I have been to WDW over 25 times and have never done this. I always love trying new things in Disney.:thumbsup:

murphy1
02-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Had the same one Christine did the Grand Tea and it was fantastic! You might want to make it your dinner, b/c you will be full! The desserts were to die for! They were very good about accommodating people, too if you don't want something.

ElenitaB
02-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian is one of my favorite things to do at WDW. :cloud9: One definitely does need reservations so make that call!

Fastpasssteve
04-09-2010, 01:52 PM
I've been to Afternoon Tea four times now in different years. I've always found it to be a delight. It is a few stolen minutes of class and grace in a World that can be amazingly frenetic and loud. Plus, it is delightfully fussy in all the wonderful ways afternoon tea can be!

A note on the teas they serve at GF Afternoon Tea: they serve lovely custom blends of tea there, but the new teas they sell in the tins in World of Disney in Downtown and in other stores on Main Street and such are NOT the same teas as in the GF.

Granny Jill A
04-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Love to stop here for Tea. We had the Buckingham Tea and we were stuffed to the gills. Lovely setting and a real treat. Reservations are strongly recommended.

Robbieligh
04-09-2010, 03:48 PM
We make it a point to have tea at the Grand Floridian every trip we have in DW. Even my husband loves having tea at the Grand Floridian. There are alot of choices on the menu! I would highly recommend the tea. It is a very relaxing experience.

GabbyMitch
04-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Would this be appropriate for a 4 year old? On our last trip we did the princess tea, and she absolutely loved it but it's too expensive to do again. If there were some way to do it without buying the doll, etc. since we already have it, I would consider it.

Since DD liked that tea, I thought this would be something special for the two of us. Looking at te menu, there appears to be an offering suitable for children, but is 4 too young? She is well behaved in restaurants.