PDA

View Full Version : Resorts at Christmas

IloveJack
02-04-2010, 01:09 PM
We're planning to go to WDW at Christmas (I'm pretty sure, still wavering a little between then and mid-October) and I have a question for those of you who've been before. I'm planning a half-day to resort-hop and see all the decorations. Which resorts should I not miss and which would be "if we have time" resorts? I've started a list, and it included the monorail resorts, WL, FW, and POR... but I'd love your input, as I've never been at this time of year, and I've never been to many of the resorts. Thanks!

Joannelet
02-04-2010, 01:13 PM
of course Grand Floridian with the gingerbread house and the tree there is beautiful.
Yacht Club has the carousel its awesome! Don't miss that! Boardwalk is great too at Christmas time! :0) Those are the must do's as well as all the monorail resorts.
We too take a day to do resort decorations. At GF you can get some hot chocolate at the gingerbread house and then be on your merry way to the next hotel! :)

buzz2001
02-05-2010, 05:29 AM
CSR has great x-mas decorations.

DVCDisneyMom
02-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Don't miss the chocolate carosel at the Beach Club!

faline
02-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Wilderness Lodge
Grand Floridian
Animal Kingdom lodge

brownie
02-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Grand Floridian
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge

EeyoresBestFriend
02-05-2010, 02:28 PM
We did our first Christmas ever this past December. :cloud9:

Our favourites were:
~Animal Kingdom Lodge
~Grand Floridian
~Beach Club carousel
~Of course our home resort of POFQ was very nicely done too.

Gotta do ~ Osborne Lights! It was the best of the whole place! Next to the Castle, of course!

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

jillluvsdisney
02-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Thses have been mentioned but I wanted to stress them also

Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Grand Floridian

All have great, huge lobby trees and GF has the "real" Gingerbread House.

The Beach Club has a great carousel made of chocolate and I think the Boardwalk also has a display made of chocolate.

Downtown Disney Marketplace is also very nicely done.

eeyorepoohfan
02-11-2010, 12:39 PM
We toured many of the Deluxe hotels at Christmas 2009.
We were pleasantly surprised when we walked into the Boardwalk Inn. I didn't know they had a large chocolate display with Donald, Daisy and Stitch. It smelled sooooo good!:cloud9:

The Grand Floridian was breathtaking with the tree and gingerbread house. :rub:

I LOVED the Wilderness Lodge. The lobby alone is beautiful, but adding the huge tree was jaw dropping! :jaw:

The Beach Club chocolate carosel was amazing and had wonderful detail! We spent quite a bit of time just looking at it, and enjoying the chocolate smell too! :faint:

jpH/keD
02-11-2010, 04:45 PM
I totally agree with eyeorepoohfan!
1)Wilderness Lodge TREE!!!!!!!! must see
2)Grand Floridian gingerbread house and hot cocoa is awesome.
3)missed Beach club but is on my list for next time!

Have so much fun!!:thumbsup:

Mousemates
02-11-2010, 07:19 PM
We go every year at Christmas and to us the "must sees" are:

Wilderness Lodge

Animal Kingdom Lodge

Grand Floridian

The Poly